Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 26th 04, 03:43 PM
Steve

Default Questions on reception

A couple of months ago I got a Bell and Howell $10 radio. I was
surprised that I could get so many stations. At any given time I could
get stations on most of the bands. I haven't listened to SW in about
20 years and am fascinated with the changes. Now I can't get anything
most of the daytime and at night only get reception on the 49m band. I
am somewhat familliar with reception conditions from past listening but
I had better radios back then. I changed the batteries, no difference.
I am in S. Delaware. Have reception conditions worsened severely in the
last month or 2? I have been involved
with ingress suppression work for cable companies, working on cleaning
up the reverse path, which uses 5 to 50 Mhz. That is how I got
interested in shortwave again. I have found many house cable tv wiring
systems double as great antennas. Steve Faulkner