Old January 30th 04, 12:15 PM
Bob

On 30 Jan 2004 06:50:42 GMT, donutbandit wrote:

(Bob) wrote in :

ah. 'everybody' knows...except that it's a lie.

oh. lies don't stop the far left.

Where were the WMD? Are you telling me that both the US and Britain, with
the cutting edge surveillance technology they possess, didn't know there
were no WMD?

yes, that's exactly what i'm saying. if you have proof othewise, post
it.

Get your head out of your ass and stop trying to politicize everything.
Anybody who isn't blinded by political zealotry knows that Bush and Blair
lied.

ah, 'everybody knew'. funny the french didn't. the germans didn't. the
UN didn't. but 'everybody' knew.

you're such a member of the sheep herd you baaa everytime someone
mentions bush.

learn to think for yourself. cliches about 'everyone' aren't
arguments.

---------------------------
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field
Old January 30th 04, 12:44 PM
M. J. Powell

In message , RHF
writes
AJG,

"The Beeb is a first class institution"
AJG - Maybe this is at the Heart of the BBC's Problem.
The BBC 'considers' Its-Self an ENTITY Un-To-Itself.
The BBC No Longer Serves the British People or the British Government.
[ Has the BBC become a Class & Culture Isolated from the Rest of the UK. ]

The BBC *never* served the British Government. Lord Reith arranged that
in the 1920's. Fortunately.

Mike
--
M.J.Powell
Old January 30th 04, 07:19 PM
RHF

MJP,

"The BBC *never* served the British Government.
Lord Reith arranged that in the 1920's. Fortunately."

To Re-State My Point: "The BBC No Longer Serves the British People
or the British Government."

The current BBC Management and Staff are an Elitist Class who 'think'
that they "Exist" to Serve a Higher Truth and 'The World'. The BBC
is Culturally Isolated from the Rest of the common people of the UK.

They suffer for the misguided Idea that they are "The PRESS" the
Exhaled and Anointed Few: The Sayers of Truth and Understanding.
* 'The PRESS' has No More Rights then any other Citizen of their
Country of Nationality.
* 'The PRESS' does Not Wear a UN Blue Hat.
* 'The PRESS does Not Have Diplomatic Status or Immunity.
* Being a Member of 'The PRESS' does not Make You Bullet Proof
in a War Zone or Time of Civil Disorder.
* 'The PRESS' Is Not A Class Above All Others: They are simply
common ordinary citizens doing a JOB [.]
[ What Makes a Nation Great is the Life It Affords every common
ordinary CITIZEN: Not The Prestige That Is Afforded 'The PRESS'. ]

The BBC was 'created' to Serve the 'interests' of People of the UK
and as such in doing so indirectly serves the government of the UK.

The BBC does not 'exist' in a vacuum as an Entity Un-to-Its-Self.

The BBC is FAILING at Being "The BBC" and needs to Return to 'First
Principles' of providing Accurate, Honest, Balanced and Fair News
and Information to the British People that is NOT Obviously Biased
and Hostile to the British Government and the common interests of
the British People.

ssi... ~ RHF
= = = So Say I... My Opinions Stated As Facts.
..
..
= = = "M. J. Powell"

Old January 30th 04, 08:55 PM
M. J. Powell

In message , RHF
writes
MJP,

"The BBC *never* served the British Government.
Lord Reith arranged that in the 1920's. Fortunately."

To Re-State My Point: "The BBC No Longer Serves the British People
or the British Government."

Do you retract your Point about the BBC serving the British Government?

The current BBC Management and Staff are an Elitist Class who 'think'
that they "Exist" to Serve a Higher Truth and 'The World'. The BBC
is Culturally Isolated from the Rest of the common people of the UK.

1. If you mean the beer and chips brigade then I hope so.

2. Judging by the dumbed-down crap on all channels you are wrong.

They suffer for the misguided Idea that they are "The PRESS" the
Exhaled and Anointed Few: The Sayers of Truth and Understanding.
* 'The PRESS' has No More Rights then any other Citizen of their
Country of Nationality.

They do, actually.

* 'The PRESS' does Not Wear a UN Blue Hat.
* 'The PRESS does Not Have Diplomatic Status or Immunity.
* Being a Member of 'The PRESS' does not Make You Bullet Proof
in a War Zone or Time of Civil Disorder.
* 'The PRESS' Is Not A Class Above All Others: They are simply
common ordinary citizens doing a JOB [.]

Who said that they were?

[ What Makes a Nation Great is the Life It Affords every common
ordinary CITIZEN:

Is it?

Not The Prestige That Is Afforded 'The PRESS'. ]

What 'prestige'? Ever popularity poll for many years has placed the
'Press' at the bottom, next to politicians.

The BBC was 'created' to Serve the 'interests' of People of the UK

'Inform, Entertain, Educate?

and as such in doing so indirectly serves the government of the UK.

Only in fields like education.

The BBC does not 'exist' in a vacuum as an Entity Un-to-Its-Self.

Who said it did?

The BBC is FAILING at Being "The BBC" and needs to Return to 'First
Principles' of providing Accurate, Honest, Balanced and Fair News
and Information to the British People that is NOT Obviously Biased
and Hostile to the British Government and the common interests of
the British People.

The 'Press' as a whole are the only defence we have against our own
government.

ssi... ~ RHF
= = = So Say I... My Opinions Stated As Facts.

But opinions are not facts.

You're not British are you?

Mike
--
M.J.Powell
Old January 30th 04, 10:33 PM
Bob

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:04:54 -0500, "W G (Geoff) White"
wrote:

Are you telling me that both the US and Britain, with
the cutting edge surveillance technology they possess, didn't know there
were no WMD?

yes, that's exactly what i'm saying. if you have proof othewise, post it

Try this for starters:

Colin Powell said, in 2001, "Saddam Hussein... has not developed any
significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction."

Reference: http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2001/933.htm

and since he gave a presentation before the UN shortly before the
invasion detailing suspected WMD programs, we can safely assume you
took his quote out of context

nice, typical hatchet job from the radical left who would rather see
hussein killing arabs than see them liberated by the US.

---------------------------
Old January 30th 04, 10:37 PM
Bob

On 30 Jan 2004 04:14:24 -0800, (Alan J Giddings)
wrote:

OK let's stop. Here are the facts and this is admitted by Blair and
his team to the Hutton enquiry:

yes, let's do so.

gilligan resigned today. as did his bosses.

res ipsa loquitur.

6. Gilligan and the BBC broadcast this. Gilligan says that Campbell
has "sexed" up the dossier so that when Blair puts it to Parliament he
will be able to make his case much, much stronger. (Anyone disagree
with these facts?)

yeah. the BBC disagreed. that's why gilligan doesn't work there any
more.

oh. you kinda forgot about that.

So, Kelly kills himself and events un-fold. An indepentent judicial
enquiry is asked for by Kelly's family. A Government appointed law
lord, Hutton, begins an inquiry. He submits his report. He finds
fault with everyone at the BBC, from the governors, director general
and even the tea ladies. Blair, Campbell? The government? Geoff
Hoon? Nothing, absolutely nothing! No criticism at all. Go figure.
The main thrust of the Gilligan report is that Campbell/Blair wanted
the intel to read different from the original dossier to help their
case in joining in the war when Blair went to Parliament for the
crucial vote. Oh, did I say that Blair appointed Hutton?
Also, any WMD found yet?
Regards,
Alan
PS. I am not a screaming leftie either. I just want to hear the truth
from my government.

you wouldn't recognize the truth if it was a vampire and ripped out
your jugular.

the fact is the BBC parties involved are gone. the fact is there is
not basis for their charges. the fact is they were incompetent and
they lied.

not exactly what the BBC is famous for, until recently that is, when
it became the mouthpiece of hussein, in its neo-racist hatred of
arabs.

Old January 31st 04, 12:56 PM
King Pineapple

Clueless Brit "Alan J Giddings" wrote in message
m...
THe Beeb is a first class institution which puts to shame any of the
ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX news coverage.

No, it USED to be that. Until about 10 years ago. And I've been listening to
them DAILY since 1966, so I know what I'm talking about.