RadioBanter

-   -   Radio Educación 6185 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40401-radio-educaci%F3n-6185-a.html)

N8KDV January 31st 04 03:59 AM

Radio Educación 6185

While discussing Profit Scare with Frank, I've been listening to Radio
Educación on 6185. (From Mexico) They ID in English every now and again.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Maximus January 31st 04 03:09 PM

Sometimes I have good reception of them, other times not. They used to have
some english time in their schedule didn't they ? Sometimes they have
marriachi, other times they have some classical. I haven't tuned in very
often because of the conditions.

I used to hear a Peruvian, R. Union on 6.115 in the evenings - have you
heard them lately ?

N8KDV January 31st 04 10:44 PM

Maximus wrote:

Sometimes I have good reception of them, other times not. They used to have
some english time in their schedule didn't they ? Sometimes they have
marriachi, other times they have some classical. I haven't tuned in very
often because of the conditions.

I did note some English, but it was merely some station ID's and times of
transmission. They may have some English dedicated programing blocks, but I am
not presently aware of them.

I used to hear a Peruvian, R. Union on 6.115 in the evenings - have you
heard them lately ?

I haven't listened to Radio Union for quite some time.

Caribbean Listener February 1st 04 02:00 AM

Radio Union comes in from time to time here after 0700 UTC. One of my
prize QSLs from about 15 years ago is from this Peruvian. It's a white
and yellow card of Macchu Pichu. Do they still QSL?

Marty
San Juan, Puerto Rico