RadioBanter

-   -   Getting my ICF SW77 fixed (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40459-getting-my-icf-sw77-fixed.html)

Atis February 3rd 04 03:29 PM

Getting my ICF SW77 fixed

Well after 6 or 7 years my SONY SW77 refuses to turn on. Clock still
works when power cord connected...but no power on. Dose anyone know
of a repair place on the East Coast. I live in southern Maryland.
There is a place out in CA, but I have to box it up and pay $40-50 for
the effort.

TIA

Collin

Bill Hennessy February 3rd 04 09:07 PM

Try one of the ham radio stores in your area. Or one on the net.

Bill, N5NOB

Edward A. Feustel February 4th 04 11:08 AM

"Atis" wrote in message
om...
Well after 6 or 7 years my SONY SW77 refuses to turn on. Clock still
works when power cord connected...but no power on. Dose anyone know
of a repair place on the East Coast. I live in southern Maryland.
There is a place out in CA, but I have to box it up and pay $40-50 for
the effort.

TIA

Collin

Have you changed the CMOS batteries?
I have forgotten if they use an "electronic" switch.
If they have, bad batteries could cause the problem.
Ed