RadioBanter

-   -   *gulp* (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40639-%2Agulp%2A.html)

Sanjaya February 14th 04 02:07 PM

*gulp*

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone explain this to me???

Tecsun BCL-2000 being sold online
at http://store.yahoo.com/sports-imports/5bashrainred.html

FM/AM/SW Digital 5 Band Shortwave Radio in Red or Black BCL2000
Regular price: $189.95Sale price: (You save: 32%)

I cannot fathom the selling price or the statement about
"regular price"

I want to express shock and dismay, but all I can do is
sit here and shake my head!!!

This radio is like $80 including shipping on eBay.
The Grundig S350 is only $99 plus shipping, online. And
the same price plus tax in a retail store. Right???

What the hell!!!

Sanjaya February 14th 04 02:40 PM

"Sanjaya" wrote...

FM/AM/SW Digital 5 Band Shortwave Radio in Red or Black BCL2000
Regular price: $189.95Sale price: (You save: 32%)

Sorry. The "sale price" didn't paste in to a plain text message.

It should read...
Regular price: $189.95Sale price: $129.95 (You save: 32%)

Diverd4777 February 14th 04 02:56 PM

Hi Sanjaya:

- This is done in NYC, & probably other Big Cities, All the time;
trying to hook gullible tourists..
- So I guess they think it'll fly on the net as well..

Here's there particulars..

Sports Imports, Ltd.
PO Box 60245
Potomac, Md 20859-0245
Fax: (301) 299-0185

- Probably someone is running this thing out of their Apt;
Using a Mailboxes, Inc as a base.

Dan

Stinger February 14th 04 03:14 PM

Unless one takes the time to thoroughly shop for any sort of electronics,
it's pretty easy to pay too much. That seller is apparently counting on it.

These Ebay sellers:

Brochhi

and

Liypn

are the way to go if you want one of these radios, from what I've seen on
the Yahoo S350/Tecsun BCL-2000 board.

From feedback I've seen, and the "buy it now" price:

Brochhi tends to ship faster (he's near Chicago), but doesn't e-mail as much
as customers prefer. He also calls the Red Tecsun BCL-2000 "rare," which it
is not. Radio = $69.99, Shipping = $14.99, and Insurance (optional) =
$2.00; for a total of $86.98. (He sells the black one $18.00 cheaper --
total $68.98)

Liypn ships a little slower (because he's in Shanghai), but people have been
very satisfied with him. Radio = $41.90, Shipping = $38.00, Insurance
(optional) = $5.00; for a total of $81.90. Same price for red or black.

-- Stinger

ink.net...

Michael Bryant February 14th 04 03:17 PM

From: "Stinger"

Brochhi tends to ship faster (he's near Chicago), but doesn't e-mail as much
as customers prefer. He also calls the Red Tecsun BCL-2000 "rare," which it
is not. Radio = $69.99, Shipping = $14.99, and Insurance (optional) =
$2.00; for a total of $86.98. (He sells the black one $18.00 cheaper --
total $68.98)

Liypn ships a little slower (because he's in Shanghai), but people have been
very satisfied with him. Radio = $41.90, Shipping = $38.00, Insurance
(optional) = $5.00; for a total of $81.90. Same price for red or black.

-- Stinger

Thanks for the post, Stinger. I've been exploring buying one of these radios
for the past week and your information seems to be very exact and correct.

Mike

Steve February 14th 04 04:00 PM

Hi Mike, check this out, same radio, new, "buy it now" for $41.90

======================================
Sanjaya wrote:

Can anyone explain this to me???

Tecsun BCL-2000 being sold online
at http://store.yahoo.com/sports-imports/5bashrainred.html

FM/AM/SW Digital 5 Band Shortwave Radio in Red or Black BCL2000
Regular price: $189.95Sale price: (You save: 32%)

I cannot fathom the selling price or the statement about
"regular price"

I want to express shock and dismay, but all I can do is
sit here and shake my head!!!

This radio is like $80 including shipping on eBay.
The Grundig S350 is only $99 plus shipping, online. And
the same price plus tax in a retail store. Right???

What the hell!!!

[Image]

Name: sports-imports_1773_4690554.dat
sports-imports_1773_4690554.dat Type: NeroMediaPlayer media files (application/x-unknown-content-type-NeroMediaPlayer.File)
Encoding: x-uuencode

Karl Graff February 14th 04 04:12 PM

I just bought a Tecsun BCL 2000 from brocchi and was very satisfied. I got
my "rare" red one for a total of $70 including shipping- great radio!

KG

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi Mike, check this out, same radio, new, "buy it now" for $41.90

---

Michael Bryant February 14th 04 04:16 PM

From: Steve

Hi Mike, check this out, same radio, new, "buy it now" for $41.90

Yeah, eveeryone says that Liypn is the guy to buy from. Even with the $38
dollar air shipping charge from mainland China the cost is still reasonable at
about $80.

Mike

Sanjaya February 14th 04 04:52 PM

Thanks everyone.

I'm still stunned by this guy's ad.

"Regular price $189.95"

My God!!!

"Diverd4777" wrote...

saki February 15th 04 08:01 PM

ospam (Michael Bryant) wrote in
:

From: Steve

Hi Mike, check this out, same radio, new, "buy it now" for $41.90

Yeah, eveeryone says that Liypn is the guy to buy from. Even with the
$38 dollar air shipping charge from mainland China the cost is still
reasonable at about $80.

This is correct. I just got my black Tecsin BCL-2000 on Friday; Liypn
shipped it the previous Saturday. Wonderful turnaround.

I'm playing with it this weekend (also with a Kaito 1102 I just got last
week as well) and am very impressed with both radios.

Hooked up my 70' magnet wire (used normally for my R75) and the Tecsun
didn't overload, no distortion, and got great signals at very nice
fidelity.

It's certainly a nice "fun" radio to have.

----