RadioBanter

-   -   Wire ant question (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40791-wire-ant-question.html)

RedOctober90 February 21st 04 05:24 PM

Wire ant question

Hi

I bought this RadioShack antenna kit and I have this concrete
clothesline pole just outside my shack.

I was wondering if it would work to wrap the insulated wire (50 feet)
around and around the concrete pole?

Thanks

Telamon February 21st 04 08:03 PM

In article ,
(RedOctober90) wrote:

Hi

I bought this RadioShack antenna kit and I have this concrete
clothesline pole just outside my shack.

I was wondering if it would work to wrap the insulated wire (50 feet)
around and around the concrete pole?

You could do this but the kit would work better if it were used as a
line between the poles. Shortened antenna designs are generally for
convenience not functionality. You are better off stretching the wire
out than concentrating it in a smaller area.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California