RadioBanter

-   -   French language on shortwave radio (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40834-french-language-shortwave-radio.html)

Charles Hawtrey February 23rd 04 05:49 AM

French language on shortwave radio

Is there a readily available compilation of French-language
transmissions on shortwave radio? I would like to listen as a way of
building (recovering) my skills in French, but cannot find a listing
of times and frequencies. Such compilations are available for
English-language programming so I thought maybe such a thing could
exist for French-language programming as well.

The RFI web site is not very helpful.

--
I am not suffering from insanity, quite the opposite, I am enjoying
every minute of it.

Telamon February 23rd 04 06:36 AM

In article ,
(Charles Hawtrey) wrote:

Is there a readily available compilation of French-language
transmissions on shortwave radio? I would like to listen as a way of
building (recovering) my skills in French, but cannot find a listing
of times and frequencies. Such compilations are available for
English-language programming so I thought maybe such a thing could
exist for French-language programming as well.

The RFI web site is not very helpful.

In the guide Passport look in the "Voices from home" section.

Countries that broadcast in French language:

Belgium
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
France
Gabon
Morocco
Switzerland

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

P.M. February 23rd 04 10:23 AM

"Telamon" a écrit dans le
message de
In article ,
(Charles Hawtrey) wrote:

Is there a readily available compilation of French-language
transmissions on shortwave radio? I would like to listen as a way of
building (recovering) my skills in French, but cannot find a listing
of times and frequencies. Such compilations are available for
English-language programming so I thought maybe such a thing could
exist for French-language programming as well.

The RFI web site is not very helpful.

In the guide Passport look in the "Voices from home" section.

Countries that broadcast in French language:

Belgium
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
France
Gabon
Morocco
Switzerland

hello;
here you are a links to french leanguage trnsmission.....

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jm.aubier

enjoi it.
Paolo Martelli

Beloved Leader February 23rd 04 02:43 PM

(Charles Hawtrey) wrote in message ...

Is there a readily available compilation of French-language
transmissions on shortwave radio?

The RFI web site is not very helpful.

For RFI's transmissions only:
Cliquez ici for a .pdf file of their transmission schedule and frequencies:

http://www.rfi.fr/fichiers/ecouter/F...r2003_2004.pdf

I know it's not the answer to your question, but it's a start.

Larry Ozarow February 23rd 04 02:49 PM

I think ILGRADIO has a set of language-specific databases.
You can also filter the main database by language in any
of the standard readers.

Maximus February 23rd 04 06:41 PM

Passport to World Band Radio has a section of broadcasts in languages other
thatn english. It is s separate section. If you are interested in QSLing,
they have a section of addresses you wil lneed as well.

Il Dolce Far Niente

Altawaowr February 23rd 04 08:50 PM

I'm guessing you live in North America?

Here's radio canada's list:
http://www.rcinet.ca/horaires/B03_SW_24h.pdf

After 9pm or so Pacific time I like to see if i can pick up some
african stations. The best bet for me is Nigeria in french on 7255
kHz, occasionally I can hear Africa No. 1 in french on 9580 kHz, and
Radio Conakry, Guinea on 7125.

I'm not aware if any radio from france is available on shortwave to
the USA.

There may be canadian stations in your area that you can pick up in
mediumwave, if you live in the northeast US.