RadioBanter

-   -   Universal Radio Made My Purchase Good! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40909-universal-radio-made-my-purchase-good.html)

Tom Welch February 26th 04 11:07 PM

Universal Radio Made My Purchase Good!

A couple of weeks ago, I bitched and
moaned about an inexpensive Cherokee
portable weather alert radio I bought.

Well, the folks at Universal Radio
read my posting, contacted me by
email, and today, I got a new radio
as a replacement.

Thank you Fred O.

Tom Welch

DeWayne February 26th 04 11:47 PM

"Tom Welch" wrote in message
om...
A couple of weeks ago, I bitched and
moaned about an inexpensive Cherokee
portable weather alert radio I bought.

Well, the folks at Universal Radio
read my posting, contacted me by
email, and today, I got a new radio
as a replacement.

Thank you Fred O.

That's terrific! I had posted a message about my many purchases from Grove.
Shortly after, I received a thank you email from Bob Grove. This is a good
place to complain or compliment the radio dealers it seems.
DeWayne

Tom Welch

rtc February 27th 04 12:15 AM

Bought a 7600GR from Universal last
summer.
Thing came in,checked out but noticed
it rattled like a castanet...main circiut
board was knocked loose.
Lady at Universal said two things,"you're
kidding" and "we're sending you another
one with a prepaid return label in the
box".They did,too,by 2nd day air.
Bob would have and has done the same
thing.In fact,Grove referred me to
Universal for the 7600.
Good folks.

Mark S. Holden February 27th 04 01:47 AM

Tom Welch wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I bitched and
moaned about an inexpensive Cherokee
portable weather alert radio I bought.

Well, the folks at Universal Radio
read my posting, contacted me by
email, and today, I got a new radio
as a replacement.

Thank you Fred O.

Tom Welch

An advantage to dealing with a specialty shop like Universal instead of
a place that sells all kinds of electronics and cameras at discount is
the specialty shop knows their reputation is important and could be
damaged if they don't treat a customer right.

Another reason I like Universal is they sponsor www.dxing.com

The following link is their "modern receiver survey" - a very handy
thing if you're considering buying a used radio.

http://www.dxing.com/rx/rxindex.htm

Telamon February 27th 04 04:59 AM

In article ,
"Mark S. Holden" wrote:

Tom Welch wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I bitched and
moaned about an inexpensive Cherokee
portable weather alert radio I bought.

Well, the folks at Universal Radio
read my posting, contacted me by
email, and today, I got a new radio
as a replacement.

Thank you Fred O.

Tom Welch

An advantage to dealing with a specialty shop like Universal instead of
a place that sells all kinds of electronics and cameras at discount is
the specialty shop knows their reputation is important and could be
damaged if they don't treat a customer right.

Another reason I like Universal is they sponsor www.dxing.com

The following link is their "modern receiver survey" - a very handy
thing if you're considering buying a used radio.

http://www.dxing.com/rx/rxindex.htm

Tom Welch is a long, long time troublemaker in this group. It's more fun
to trash the reputation of a reputable dealer in the group than to call
them to solve a problem. He is a first class trolling creep.

Frankly after what he wrote not to mention his reputation I don't know
why Universal went through the trouble to help him.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF February 27th 04 05:08 AM

TW & DW,

Their Here !
.. . . and They are Reading the Mail :o)

Now... If only the Grundig North America (ETON Corp.)
had a Friendly 'silent' Observer on the NewsGroup.

~ RHF
..
..
= = = "DeWayne"
= = = wrote in message .. .
om...

Eric F. Richards February 27th 04 01:50 PM

(Tom Welch) wrote:

A couple of weeks ago, I bitched and
moaned about an inexpensive Cherokee
portable weather alert radio I bought.

Well, the folks at Universal Radio
read my posting, contacted me by
email, and today, I got a new radio
as a replacement.

Thank you Fred O.

Tom Welch

Although my last encounter with Universal was less than good, it's
good to see this sort of thing happening, and good to hear about it
here.

Good for Universal Radio for coming through for you!

--
Eric F. Richards

"The weird part is that I can feel productive even when I'm doomed."
- Dilbert

starman February 27th 04 06:02 PM

"Eric F. Richards" wrote:

(Tom Welch) wrote:

A couple of weeks ago, I bitched and
moaned about an inexpensive Cherokee
portable weather alert radio I bought.

Well, the folks at Universal Radio
read my posting, contacted me by
email, and today, I got a new radio
as a replacement.

Thank you Fred O.

Tom Welch

Although my last encounter with Universal was less than good, it's
good to see this sort of thing happening, and good to hear about it
here.

Good for Universal Radio for coming through for you!

Monitoring newsgroups is one way for a company to get some feedback on
their customer satisfaction. The smart companies will try to correct a
legitimate customer problem before the whole world knows about it.

snow February 27th 04 09:40 PM

I have had excellant service from both Grove Enterprises and Universal Radio
over the past 12 years I have been in the SWL and Ham radio hobby.
om...

Tom Welch February 27th 04 10:24 PM

That's right I'm a trouble maker,
**** YOU Telamon!!!