RadioBanter

-   -   Long wire vs. G5RV/dipole (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40915-long-wire-vs-g5rv-dipole.html)

starman March 5th 04 03:16 AM

Maximus wrote:

Whatever works best for you should be what you use S. I think a long wire
would need to be matched, but the adavantage would show up in less noise and
fewer images etc. A dipole tuned to the bands you most monitor has the same
advantages. In some areas, a long wire may fetch more signal, but it also
gathers more noise. I guess the best thing to say is that each kind of
antenna has advantages, and some may be more advantageous than others in
relation to the receiver.

A properly grounded (decoupled) long wire or inverted-L antenna can be
very quiet.

http://www.anarc.org/naswa/badx/ante...e_antenna.html