RadioBanter

-   -   Antenna help, please (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41156-antenna-help-please.html)

revthoth March 8th 04 08:45 PM

Antenna help, please

Hi all.

I've recently upgraded some of my equipment and am looking at a G5RV Jr
40-10 antenna to compliment my modded DX-394. I have the attic space for it
n the second floor of my little cape cod, and its a reasonable price, but
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this antenna for
shortwave.

Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the G5RV would be a good
antenna for my pro-2050 scanner. I really have no clue, but it seems it
might work, else I'm looking at a firestik MSB-RX antenna for that.

Any comments about either, or both, welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Keith.

J999w March 8th 04 09:27 PM

The G5RV has many followers ... your milage may vary but I suspect it will work
well for you.

As far as using in on the scanner, it will probably work well on the low band
stuff (40mhz), but above that, it will probably just act like a long wire
sticking out the back of the radio.

Try it and tell us how it works !

jw
wb9uai