RadioBanter

-   -   UT-106 vs. RadioCom 4.5 DSP, PCR-1000 Help (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41176-ut-106-vs-radiocom-4-5-dsp-pcr-1000-help.html)

PABruceFan March 9th 04 07:20 PM

UT-106 vs. RadioCom 4.5 DSP, PCR-1000 Help

I'm confused and need a little advice. I recently purchased an ICOM
PCR-1000 w/RadioCom 4.5 software. The data sheets I've seen claim DSP
processing is handled by the RadioCom software, yet ICOM also sells an
add on hardware device (UT-106) that apparently does the same thing.
Which is better? Should I spend the extra bucks and get the UT-106 or
spend the extra bucks and get the upgraded RadioCom software that
claims even BETTER DSP than v4.5. ANY advice will be greatly
appreciated.

Barry

Panzer240 March 9th 04 09:26 PM

(PABruceFan) wrote in
om:

claims even BETTER DSP than v4.5. ANY advice will be greatly

I see nothing in the Radiocom software that you cannot duplicate by down
and in some cases better than what the Bonito Software is capable of. I
was very disappointed with the Bonito stuff, but as yet have considered
the UT-106 either, especially since the comments I have seen from others
seem to be all neutral or mildly negative on it's performance. I moght
add that I have not done all that much research into the UT-106 as well
and I may stand to be corrected. For now I 'm very happy witht the PCR-
1000 and other software than the Bonito stuff that came with it. I have
found the Bonito software buggy, seems to have a memory leak which causes
it ti crash if you statrt and shut it down a few times wihtout a reboot.
Their web site is nothing but a sales pitch for newer softare and offers
very little support to current users.

Take a look here for a tip of the iceberg list of whats available for your
PCR.

http://www.qsy.to/pcr

There is also a rather dated list of sound cvard software you can use with
your PCR he

http://www.muenster.de/%7Ewelp/sb.htm

I hope it is of some small help :)

--