RadioBanter

-   -   Pastor Pete Peters: potential punishment? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41320-pastor-pete-peters-potential-punishment.html)

T. Early March 15th 04 02:17 PM

Pastor Pete Peters: potential punishment?

I'm wondering if Pastor Peters could face liability in Canada under
their "hate speech" law, which was recently extended to cover sexual
orientation. The law does cover broadcast transmissions. It's
unlikely that he would ever actually become subject to Canadian arrest
(i.e., jurisdiction) by going there, and it might be doubtful that
they'd even acknowledge his broadcasts. However, his "speech" does
reach Canada, and appears to be pretty close to the type of thing they
are getting at, so he could face "technical" liability or possibly
indictment. Anyone know if any speech laws such as this have ever
been applied extraterritorially to SW broadcasters who cross borders?

Al Patrick March 15th 04 08:51 PM

Oh, Eventually they will be enforced extra territorially, by the U.N.
They seem to support everything else that God hates.

Before they prosecute Pastor Pete Peters, however, I suspect they'd
really like to prosecute God, or His Son Jesus Christ, for the urban
renewal program which took place at Sodom and Gomorrah.

Genesis 19:24, 25, "Then the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone
and fire from the Lord out of heaven, and He overthrew those cities and
all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on
the ground." (NASB)

Ever wonder why they call homosexuality "Sodomy" ? Genesis 19 pretty
well tells it all. Seems our "judges" and politicians of today are
trying to see if God can give a repeat performance. I'm betting He is
very well able -- and just may prove it! :-)

Al

=======================

Brenda Ann March 15th 04 08:59 PM

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
Ever wonder why they call homosexuality "Sodomy" ? Genesis 19 pretty
well tells it all.

They don't call homosexuality "sodomy". Sodomy is a specific act, and is
not restricted to homosexuals. A great number of heterosexual couples
practice it, as well as other disapproved forms of sexual intercourse such
as fellatio and cunnilingus.

Frank Dresser March 15th 04 09:11 PM

"T. Early" wrote in message

[snip]

. Anyone know if any speech laws such as this have ever
been applied extraterritorially to SW broadcasters who cross borders?

The NRA was talking about buying a Mexican boarder station or a pirate
broadcast ship in order to get around the new US election time speech
restrictions.

I love to hear all those now illegal campaign ads broadcast to the US
from cash strapped nations such as Russia.

Frank Dresser

Volker Tonn March 15th 04 09:11 PM

Al Patrick wrote:

...Genesis 19:24, 25,....

Wrong place here for religous preach...
Are you on air with it? Wich frequency?
No, I will NOT tune in.

RADIO

Telamon March 15th 04 11:31 PM

In article ,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

"T. Early" wrote in message

[snip]

. Anyone know if any speech laws such as this have ever
been applied extraterritorially to SW broadcasters who cross borders?

The NRA was talking about buying a Mexican boarder station or a pirate
broadcast ship in order to get around the new US election time speech
restrictions.

I love to hear all those now illegal campaign ads broadcast to the US
from cash strapped nations such as Russia.

Someone should tell the NRA to get on Shortwave.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Greg March 16th 04 12:07 AM

... as well as other disapproved forms of sexual intercourse such
as fellatio and cunnilingus.

Disapproved? Oh no!

Larry Ozarow March 16th 04 12:28 AM

Far from "telling it all," Genesis 19 is pretty
darn cryptic about what it was that the
Sodom'n'Gomorrahites were flattened for.

It's apparent they wanted to commit homosexual rape
against the two angels, but probably any society that
would gang-rape two innocent wayfarers as a matter of
course would be subject to pretty extreme disapproval,
regardless of the sex of the victims. Seems to me that
Lot's offering his two daughters up as alternatives is
pretty unnatural in its own right, don't you think?

Defining Sodom and Gemorrah's "iniquity" as homosexuality
didn't occur until medieval times.

Al Patrick March 16th 04 01:52 AM

You can't separate "religion and politics" from your behavior because
religion and politics both influence your behavior and/or are a result
of your behavior. Check out Romans 1 and II Thess. 2 -- plus lots of
other references which may be referenced from those two. :-)

Al

===============

tommyknocker March 16th 04 02:48 AM

Larry Ozarow wrote:

Far from "telling it all," Genesis 19 is pretty
darn cryptic about what it was that the
Sodom'n'Gomorrahites were flattened for.

It's apparent they wanted to commit homosexual rape
against the two angels, but probably any society that
would gang-rape two innocent wayfarers as a matter of
course would be subject to pretty extreme disapproval,
regardless of the sex of the victims. Seems to me that
Lot's offering his two daughters up as alternatives is
pretty unnatural in its own right, don't you think?

Defining Sodom and Gemorrah's "iniquity" as homosexuality
didn't occur until medieval times.

This is way off topic (or maybe not), but the best scholarly opinion
I've heard as to what the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was is that it
was...inhospitality. To us, that doesn't seem like something worth
destroying whole cities over, but to the ancient Israelites, who lived
under the threat of being carried off to slavery at any time, the hatred
their enemies showed them was certainly worthy of G-d's wrath. By the
way, Lot's wife wasn't literally turned to salt-she was made barren
(unable to bear children), which is what "turned to salt" meant in
ancient Hebrew. It's kinda funny how old Aramaic figures of speech in
the Bible get taken literally by people like Al Patrick. It's like the
woman from a foreign country who while traveling in America was told
that it was "raining cats and dogs" and she rushed outside in a panic to
save the falling animals from being cracked open on the concrete. :)