RadioBanter

-   -   Best Indoor Active Antenna < $100 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41378-best-indoor-active-antenna-%3C-%24100.html)

revthoth March 17th 04 09:04 PM

Best Indoor Active Antenna < $100

I'm looking for suggestions on the best indoor active antenna for around
$100. If anyone has a favorite or one to avoid altogether, I'm open to
suggestions before I put down any cash.

Thanks in advance,

Keith.

Michael Bryant March 18th 04 03:29 AM

From: revthoth

I'm looking for suggestions on the best indoor active antenna for around
$100. If anyone has a favorite or one to avoid altogether, I'm open to
suggestions before I put down any cash.

My vote would be for the Sony ANLP-1 though I believe that they are no londer
being manufactured and are getting more difficult to find. The loop design
allows some ability to null out RFI. I use two connected to an antenna
swichter. Works real well with a number of radios.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

Maximus March 18th 04 03:45 AM

I about had a heart attack when I saw the price on one loop someone
suggested here - $300. I don't know which part was plated in platinum and
studded with diamonds LOL.

"Strength and Honor"

Tom Sevart March 18th 04 08:43 AM

"revthoth" wrote in message
I'm looking for suggestions on the best indoor active antenna for around
$100. If anyone has a favorite or one to avoid altogether, I'm open to
suggestions before I put down any cash.

Personally I'd rather use a short wire antenna rather than any active
antenna due to possible overloading problems.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS