RadioBanter

-   -   (OT) International Goof-Off Day! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41467-ot-international-goof-off-day.html)

N8KDV March 22nd 04 11:17 AM

(OT) International Goof-Off Day!

That's right! Today is International Goof-Off Day!

I hope you'll all join me in doing some DX'ing/SWL'ing today.

Have fun! Goof-Off!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

WA4009SWL March 22nd 04 12:32 PM

From: N8KDV

That's right! Today is International Goof-Off Day!

I hope you'll all join me in doing some DX'ing/SWL'ing today.

Have fun! Goof-Off!

Cool! What a great way to start my week long vacation!

But, Steve, isn't EVERY day Int'l Goof-Off Day for you? ;-)

N8KDV March 22nd 04 12:34 PM

From: N8KDV

That's right! Today is International Goof-Off Day!

I hope you'll all join me in doing some DX'ing/SWL'ing today.

Have fun! Goof-Off!

Cool! What a great way to start my week long vacation!

That's great! Now you'll have the whole week to come up with that info
you threatened to post!

Still waiting!

N8KDV March 22nd 04 02:15 PM

Jim wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:17:48 -0500, N8KDV
wrote:

That's right! Today is International Goof-Off Day!

I hope you'll all join me in doing some DX'ing/SWL'ing today.

Have fun! Goof-Off!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

This is totally unrelated to your topic, but this seems like as good
an opportunity as any.

I see you have an original R8 and an R8B. Is there much difference,
performance-wise? I know about the ergonomic changes, I'm just
curious if one has better sensitivity/selectivity, etc.

I ask because I have an original R8 also.

Jim

I've not noticed any difference in sensitivity or selectivity. But yes,
the R8B is 'better' ergonomically. However, I tend to use the R8 more
than the R8B. Why? Darned if I know!