RadioBanter

-   -   FS: Icom R71A Receiver (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41513-fs-icom-r71a-receiver.html)

J. Harley March 24th 04 10:15 PM

FS: Icom R71A Receiver

This a general coverage receiver with QUAD conversion! This radio
is a 9,5 cosmetially and a 10 electronically. Incleded is the original
manual. This is my personal radio and it functions perfectly.
$350 includes shipping in continental US only. Reply to the from
email address.

[email protected] March 25th 04 08:22 PM

J. Harley wrote:
This a general coverage receiver with QUAD conversion! This radio
is a 9,5 cosmetially and a 10 electronically. Incleded is the
original manual. This is my personal radio and it functions
perfectly. $350 includes shipping in continental US only. Reply to
the from email address.

$350? Good luck! I just traded one for a case of beer, they're not really
worth much.

N8KDV March 25th 04 08:27 PM

" wrote:

J. Harley wrote:
This a general coverage receiver with QUAD conversion! This radio
is a 9,5 cosmetially and a 10 electronically. Incleded is the
original manual. This is my personal radio and it functions
perfectly. $350 includes shipping in continental US only. Reply to
the from email address.

$350? Good luck! I just traded one for a case of beer, they're not really
worth much.

Top price for one on eBay recently was $400. You must have wanted that case of
beer terribly bad!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

N8KDV March 25th 04 08:32 PM

N8KDV wrote:

" wrote:

J. Harley wrote:
This a general coverage receiver with QUAD conversion! This radio
is a 9,5 cosmetially and a 10 electronically. Incleded is the
original manual. This is my personal radio and it functions
perfectly. $350 includes shipping in continental US only. Reply to
the from email address.

$350? Good luck! I just traded one for a case of beer, they're not really
worth much.

Top price for one on eBay recently was $400. You must have wanted that case of
beer terribly bad!

But wait! Was it your Dad's R71A? Are you of legal age to drink?

John Miller March 25th 04 08:50 PM

wrote:

$350? Good luck! I just traded one for a case of beer, they're not
really worth much.

Tell you what -- I'll give you TWO cases of beer for each working R71 you
can supply.

--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

An actor's a guy who if you ain't talkin' about him, ain't listening.
-Marlon Brando

BDK March 26th 04 01:05 AM

In article ,
says...
J. Harley wrote:
This a general coverage receiver with QUAD conversion! This radio
is a 9,5 cosmetially and a 10 electronically. Incleded is the
original manual. This is my personal radio and it functions
perfectly. $350 includes shipping in continental US only. Reply to
the from email address.

$350? Good luck! I just traded one for a case of beer, they're not really
worth much.

Than you gave it away. An average price for one on ebay is about 300
bucks, and a really nice one is a deal at 350!

BDK

[email protected] March 30th 04 05:09 PM

BDK wrote:
In article ,
says...
$350? Good luck! I just traded one for a case of beer, they're not
really worth much.

Than you gave it away. An average price for one on ebay is about 300
bucks, and a really nice one is a deal at 350!

There's a bunch of suckers out there, then. My uncle has an old radio that
uses TUBES that picked up stations better than that Icom.