RadioBanter

-   -   DX-390 Parts? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41646-dx-390-parts.html)

[email protected] March 30th 04 01:41 PM

DX-390 Parts?

Well, while awaiting the arrival of my new Sony ICF-SW7600GR, I thought I'd
dig out the old Realistic DX-390 and dust it off and see if it worked any
better with fresh batteries. Imagine my horror when I noticed the little
knob for the BFO dial was MISSING.

It's not a huge deal, of course, and the radio will work without it, but
gosh... I'm just really uptight about stuff like that. Anyone know what I
can do about replacing that little knob?

Thanks!

Mark S. Holden March 30th 04 03:31 PM

w wrote:
Well, while awaiting the arrival of my new Sony ICF-SW7600GR, I thought I'd
dig out the old Realistic DX-390 and dust it off and see if it worked any
better with fresh batteries. Imagine my horror when I noticed the little
knob for the BFO dial was MISSING.

It's not a huge deal, of course, and the radio will work without it, but
gosh... I'm just really uptight about stuff like that. Anyone know what I
can do about replacing that little knob?

Thanks!

You may be able to get an exact replacement through Radio Shack.

Here is a link to a page that will take you to a drawing, and a parts
list with catalog numbers:

http://support.radioshack.com/support_electronics/8186.htm

The radio is apparently a twin to the Sangean 818 - so while it may be
the wrong color, Sangean can probably sell you a part that will fit.

Alternatively, you could probably get a generic replacement that'll work
from just about anyone who sells electronic parts.

[email protected] March 31st 04 01:43 AM

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in news:6bWdneoMWfJaGfTdRVn-
:

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...onics/8186.htm

Thank you for that great page! I'll look into that. And, if they're a
bust, I'll check Sangean next. I really didn't think they'd sell just
replacement knobs. :) Yeah, I'm kinda new at this.

Mark S. Holden March 31st 04 02:32 AM

w wrote:

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in news:6bWdneoMWfJaGfTdRVn-
:

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...onics/8186.htm

Thank you for that great page! I'll look into that. And, if they're a
bust, I'll check Sangean next. I really didn't think they'd sell just
replacement knobs. :) Yeah, I'm kinda new at this.

I'm not a fan of Radio Shack, but they deserve credit for being pretty
good about making replacement parts available for their products.

[email protected] March 31st 04 01:20 PM

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in news:jZqdnWgQKfIggvfdRVn-
:

w wrote:

Thank you for that great page! I'll look into that. And, if they're a
bust, I'll check Sangean next. I really didn't think they'd sell just
replacement knobs. :) Yeah, I'm kinda new at this.

I'm not a fan of Radio Shack, but they deserve credit for being pretty
good about making replacement parts available for their products.

Well, sadly, they're not THAT good. That part has been discontinued. They
have the replacement whip antenna I need, but not the knob. *scratches
head* You know, I'll look into the DX-390 with the cassette option since
that is still sold... I think... (at least the Sangean equivalent ATS818CS
is) and see if they have THOSE. I had no luck finding Sangean parts yet.
Still searching on the net. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have a
good place online that's trustworthy that you could recommend for Sangean
replacement parts?

Thanks for your responses.