RadioBanter

-   -   324-Khz carrier? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41718-324-khz-carrier.html)

starman April 2nd 04 04:56 PM

324-Khz carrier?

I recently discovered a strong (+20-db) carrier on all my receivers at
324-Khz. It doesn't go away when I disconnnect the home AC at the main
breaker panel. It seems to be everywhere in the neighborhood. I think
there might be some modulation on it. Is this likely to be a data
carrier for remote control of the domestic powerline system? AFAIK, I
don't live near any point source for such a signal.

m II April 2nd 04 06:59 PM

starman wrote:

I recently discovered a strong (+20-db) carrier on all my receivers at
324-Khz. It doesn't go away when I disconnnect the home AC at the main
breaker panel. It seems to be everywhere in the neighborhood. I think
there might be some modulation on it. Is this likely to be a data
carrier for remote control of the domestic powerline system? AFAIK, I
don't live near any point source for such a signal.

Some places use a 320khz frequency for a radio studio to transmitter
connection. Is this a possibility?

mike

--

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

..let the cat out to reply..

Mark Keith April 3rd 04 06:34 AM

starman wrote in message ...
I recently discovered a strong (+20-db) carrier on all my receivers at
324-Khz. It doesn't go away when I disconnnect the home AC at the main
breaker panel. It seems to be everywhere in the neighborhood. I think
there might be some modulation on it. Is this likely to be a data
carrier for remote control of the domestic powerline system? AFAIK, I
don't live near any point source for such a signal.

I get that here also. I'm not sure if that exact freq, but it's in the
300 kc range. I'm fairly sure it's coming from the power lines. I hear
some kind of data on ours for sure, and I think it's a way for the
power co to monitor and control the power system. Thats my best guess
at this time anyway...

MK

starman April 5th 04 03:32 PM

Pete KE9OA wrote:

I wonder if it is the GPS error correction signals that are sent in that
range.

Pete

The signal seems much too strong for that. I'm guessing it's a powerline
carrier for remote control of sub-stations.