RadioBanter

-   -   "Coast to Coast AM" theme song? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41769-%22coast-coast-am%22-theme-song.html)

GameFan72 April 4th 04 02:20 AM

"Coast to Coast AM" theme song?

Anyone know the name of the theme song they play at the end of the radio show
"Coast to Coast AM"? Perhaps they play it at the beginning too, but I only
catch bits and pieces of this show every now and then (don't listen to a lot of
radio), and its usually at the end. The music is sort of space-age with lots of
flute. Thanks.

Stinger April 4th 04 02:57 AM

"GameFan72" wrote in message
Anyone know the name of the theme song they play at the end of the radio

show
"Coast to Coast AM"? Perhaps they play it at the beginning too, but I only
catch bits and pieces of this show every now and then (don't listen to a

lot of
radio), and its usually at the end. The music is sort of space-age with

lots of
flute. Thanks.

It's "Midnight Express" by Giorgio Moroder.

If you go to http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ , follow the "Recap" story, and
click on the "cont." link, the second page will have a tab called "Bumper
Music" that will have the theme song, as well as all other songs they played
that night listed.

-- Stinger

llortamai April 4th 04 05:45 AM

"GameFan72" wrote in message
Anyone know the name of the theme song they play at the end of the radio

show
"Coast to Coast AM"?

Well, when Art Bell hosted Coast to Coast the song he would start the show
with was called "The Chase", a song composed by Gorgio Moroder for the
motion picture titled "Midnight Express".

GameFan72 April 4th 04 06:29 AM

Hmmm. Thanks to both of you, but when I listened to samples from "Midnight
Express" and "The Chase," neither song sounded like the one I am thinking of.
Like I said, the show always seems to close with this song. Its pretty upbeat
and sounds like it has a lot of pan flute in it. I looked at the bumper music
list and the last song was Foreigner, which I know for sure isn't it.

Vic Martinez April 4th 04 06:52 AM

Ahhh yes, this is one of Art's favorite 'new age' groups. I don't know
the song but the group is CUSCO. Every 'sample' Art has played through
the years I've really liked.

GameFan72 April 4th 04 09:24 AM

Ahhh yes, this is one of Art's favorite 'new age' groups. I don't know
the song but the group is CUSCO. Every 'sample' Art has played through
the years I've really liked.

Yes! Thank you. Its "Inca Dance" by Cusco. Appreciated!

RHF April 4th 04 10:32 AM

Coast-to-Coast AM 'Theme Song'

Midnight Express Album
Music by Giorgio Moroder
Song: "CHASE"

~ RHF
..
..
= = = ...

RadioGuy April 4th 04 02:46 PM

Stinger wrote in message

"GameFan72" wrote in message
Anyone know the name of the theme song they play at the end of the radio

show
"Coast to Coast AM"? Perhaps they play it at the beginning too, but I

only
catch bits and pieces of this show every now and then (don't listen to a

lot of
radio), and its usually at the end. The music is sort of space-age with

lots of
flute. Thanks.

It's "Midnight Express" by Giorgio Moroder.

What? That doesn't sound like the music I heard in my head when I was
kicking around in Turkey.

RG

RHF April 4th 04 08:44 PM

http://listen.real.com/contextwindow...&pageloc=ciwin

Vic Martinez April 5th 04 05:19 AM

Thanks for the embellishment RHF, but I think this thread is over.