RadioBanter

-   -   Shortwave Radio Leaf Game (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/41813-shortwave-radio-leaf-game.html)

Art April 5th 04 09:14 PM

Shortwave Radio Leaf Game

Newbie question
Going to cuba this week and I NEED to hear the Leaf hockey game being
broadcast from Toronto on AM 640. Can I pick it up on shortwave?
If so will any radio pick it up?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Art

Paul_Morphy April 5th 04 10:58 PM

"Art" wrote in message
om...
Newbie question
Going to cuba this week and I NEED to hear the Leaf hockey game being
broadcast from Toronto on AM 640. Can I pick it up on shortwave?

You might be able to get it on a Miami AM station. Don't know if any carry
NHL, though, or would carry that particular game if they do.

"PM"

Diverd4777 April 6th 04 12:01 AM

Art:
- try bringing an AM Loop antenna with you;
- and then try to pick it up that way;
- Actually; you can get someone else to record the games for you
whilst you explore cuba..
travelling to CUBA ! ! !

- Some guys just luck out

- Enjoy...!

Dan

Clark Neider April 7th 04 04:50 AM

Ask Arnie Corso at Radio Havana Cuba. He hosts that station's DX show.

Clark KK7DY

"bean" wrote in message ...
In article , Art
wrote:

Newbie question
Going to cuba this week and I NEED to hear the Leaf hockey game being
broadcast from Toronto on AM 640. Can I pick it up on shortwave?
If so will any radio pick it up?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Art

what a dilemma. warm weather vs playoff season. there is no nhl
coverage on sw. maybe check for american-based am stations but im not
sure how well they reache cuba. mojo streams their feed 24/7 from their
site (http://www.mojoradio.com) , if u have access to internet there u
can keep on top. or have a ham operator friend relay you a play by
play. jk on the last one

starman April 7th 04 07:30 AM

Diverd4777 wrote:

In article ,
(Art) writes:

Newbie question
Going to cuba this week and I NEED to hear the Leaf hockey game being
broadcast from Toronto on AM 640. Can I pick it up on shortwave?
If so will any radio pick it up?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Art

Art:
- try bringing an AM Loop antenna with you;
- and then try to pick it up that way;
- Actually; you can get someone else to record the games for you
whilst you explore cuba..
travelling to CUBA ! ! !

- Some guys just luck out

- Enjoy...!

Dan

While you're there, see if you can find that numbers station. It's
probably in Arnie's office. :-)