RadioBanter

-   -   Michael Feldman's a RIOT! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42053-michael-feldmans-riot.html)

Pee Bee Ess April 17th 04 05:41 PM

Michael Feldman's a RIOT!

Got sick of hearing the same old garbage on the AM car radio today.
Went to FM and found this GREAT radio variety program hosted by
a Michael Feldman called "What Ya Know". The fellas voice and delivery
reminds me of a young Bob Newhart.

It is really too bad that PBS goes out of their way to cater to the
Democrats. They really do have some quality music and programs.
But I will NEVER send money to PBS because of their backing of the Dems
and liberal causes.

--
Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/

N8KDV April 17th 04 11:07 PM

Mike Terry wrote:

What frequency on shortwave please?

I hear him on NPR....

But not shortwave.

CW April 21st 04 04:16 AM

"Pee Bee Ess" wrote in message

The fellas voice and delivery
reminds me of a young Bob Newhart.

That's good reason to tune somewhere else.

Leonard Martin April 24th 04 03:15 PM

"Pee Bee Ess" wrote in message

Got sick of hearing the same old garbage on the AM car radio today.
Went to FM and found this GREAT radio variety program hosted by
a Michael Feldman called "What Ya Know". The fellas voice and delivery
reminds me of a young Bob Newhart.

It is really too bad that PBS goes out of their way to cater to the
Democrats. They really do have some quality music and programs.
But I will NEVER send money to PBS because of their backing of the Dems
and liberal causes.

--
Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/

Feldman is great. Our local public radio station dropped him several
years ago. I still miss him.

Re public radio and liberalism: Public radio has its own call-in shows.
Listen more, and you'll surely find them more balanced than AM radio
call-in shows, in the sense that they don't normally engage in insult,
character assination, and vituperation of right-wingers, as
right-wingers on AM do to people on the left. Public radio discussions
are more liberal, in genera. Listen to the civilized discourse, though,
and you might come to like it the tone of it better. I grew up when
people on the radio did not normally deal in vicious put-downs of their
political opponents, and I would dislike right wing talk radio just for
that, even if I were not against what they say politically.

Plus, public radio has lots of other kinds of neat things, including
kinds of music, like folk and jazz, that you'll never hear anywhere
else. Explore!

And, finally, it does do have screaming commercials. What a relief!

Leonard

--
"Everything that rises must converge"
--Flannery O'Connor

Frank Dresser April 24th 04 04:51 PM

"Leonard Martin" wrote in message

Feldman is great. Our local public radio station dropped him several
years ago. I still miss him.

Re public radio and liberalism: Public radio has its own call-in shows.
Listen more, and you'll surely find them more balanced than AM radio
call-in shows, in the sense that they don't normally engage in insult,
character assination, and vituperation of right-wingers, as
right-wingers on AM do to people on the left. Public radio discussions
are more liberal, in genera. Listen to the civilized discourse, though,
and you might come to like it the tone of it better. I grew up when
people on the radio did not normally deal in vicious put-downs of their
political opponents, and I would dislike right wing talk radio just for
that, even if I were not against what they say politically.

Insults have been a commidity of commercial radio since the days of The
Bickersons and Fred Allen, if not before. NPR isn't quite the same, but the
difference is probably cultural rather than political. If I'm not mistaken,
NPR grew from the old educational stations. So it stands to reason that NPR
would have a more academic tone than commerical radio.

Air America is trying to knock-off the Limbaugh style, but they're doing a
poor job of it. It's like listening to Georg Byrnes and Gracy Alien.

Cultural conservatives can be, and are, polite. The military dosen't do
popular talk shows, but I can't imagine them acting in an disrespectful
style. And most religious broadcasters, including Chicago's Moody Bible
Instutite, has been broadcasting respectful programming since before the
days of Edgar Bergan and WC Fields.

Plus, public radio has lots of other kinds of neat things, including
kinds of music, like folk and jazz, that you'll never hear anywhere
else. Explore!

Yeah, the Jazz and Blues shows can be pretty good.

And, finally, it does do have screaming commercials. What a relief!

Leonard

I still miss the drag strip commercials on WLS and WCFL.

Frank Dresser

Tom Betz April 24th 04 06:32 PM

Quoth Leonard Martin in news:lmarti49NOSPAM-
:

Feldman is great. Our local public radio station dropped him several
years ago. I still miss him.

Same here in NYC. I record his show every week off one of the many webcasts;
and you can usually play back the most recent show from NotMuch.com by
Tuesday or Wednesday of the next week.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these