RadioBanter

-   -   portable radios -- impedance? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42340-portable-radios-impedance.html)

Conan Ford May 3rd 04 09:31 AM

portable radios -- impedance?

Probably a dumb question, but on a portable, such as a Yacht boy, or one of
those cheap chinese models that uses an earphone plug for the antenna
connection, what is the designed antenna impendence? I'm in a basement,
and I want to connect to a wire outside, with 50 ohm coax. Are the
earphone-plug antenna connections supposed to usually be for 50 ohms, or
something different? With the normally supplied wire that these radios
come with, they go directly to the wire, I don't think there is a matching
transformer.