RadioBanter

-   -   Question of value FRG-7700 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42347-re-question-value-frg-7700-a.html)

N8KDV May 3rd 04 12:54 PM

Question of value FRG-7700

jbtull wrote:

Item: Yaesu FRG-7700 (stock...no memory board)
Operation/Service Manual included. Shipping extra, to be arranged.
Condition: Good ....slight wear. Electronically... receives very well.
Quotes in either Canadian/US values.
Do not want e-bay quotes. Will sell for actual worth!

So what do you want for it?

Mike Andrews May 3rd 04 10:07 PM

jbtull wrote:
That much. Whew! I guess it's up for sale. To make it fair to potential
U.S. buyers, $50 Can would have to be deducted by me to allow for the Border
tariff to the U.S.

Erm ... IIRC, used amateur radio gear isn't dutiable on entry to the
USA, unless things have changed since I last looked that up. Whether
you consider the FRG-7700 to be ham gear is, I suppose, up to you.

--
"We live in the interface between radioactive molten rock and hard
vacuum and we worry about safety."

jbtull May 6th 04 02:37 PM

Your right Mike! I phoned Customs at Niagara Falls NY and they told me
first off that if its not a commercial sale, a private sale is allowed
"customs free". They also mentioned that because of the age of the article,
it no longer constitutes a threat to the U.S. economy and therefore is not
dutyable(there word not mine).
$150 U.S. should be about right for the Yaesu....I pay shipping and
insurance.