RadioBanter

-   -   Bush's Deceitful Flip-Flop on Cost of War (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42415-bushs-deceitful-flip-flop-cost-war.html)

Michael Bryant May 6th 04 10:29 AM

Bush's Deceitful Flip-Flop on Cost of War

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...05151709990002

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

Michael Bryant May 6th 04 04:55 PM

From: "MnMikew"

You need to have an aol account to read it. Underestimating the cost of the
war, yes. Flip-flop, no.

It's on google news, too.

Bush promised to not ask for more funds this year, now he does and lowballs it
below what he knows he'll need due to election implications. Why isn't that a
deceitful flip-flop.

MnMikew May 6th 04 05:54 PM

From: "MnMikew"

You need to have an aol account to read it. Underestimating the cost of

the
war, yes. Flip-flop, no.

It's on google news, too.

Bush promised to not ask for more funds this year, now he does and

lowballs it
below what he knows he'll need due to election implications. Why isn't

that a
deceitful flip-flop.

Seeing that nobody in the White House can predict the future, how can anyone
say how much it's going to cost? We can have pretty good guesstimates but
war is dynamic so the costs must change to match.

T. Early May 6th 04 06:10 PM

From: "MnMikew"

You need to have an aol account to read it. Underestimating the

cost of the
war, yes. Flip-flop, no.

It's on google news, too.

Bush promised to not ask for more funds this year, now he does and

lowballs it
below what he knows he'll need due to election implications. Why

isn't that a
deceitful flip-flop.

Because it's not what's considered a "flip-flop" as that term is used
by the vast majority of people. If you want to criticize Bush for
knowingly underestimating the cost of the war in the way that
politicians consistently underestimate the cost of everything, that's
OK by me. But if you adopt an oddball use of the term "flip-flop"
because you're PO'd about people pointing out Kerry's "flip-flop's,"
that just rhetoric.

Michael Bryant May 6th 04 06:16 PM

From: "T. Early"

Because it's not what's considered a "flip-flop" as that term is used
by the vast majority of people. If you want to criticize Bush for
knowingly underestimating the cost of the war in the way that
politicians consistently underestimate the cost of everything, that's
OK by me. But if you adopt an oddball use of the term "flip-flop"
because you're PO'd about people pointing out Kerry's "flip-flop's,"
that just rhetoric.

Isn't promising you wouldn't ask for more money and then asking for more money
precisely a flip-flop? Or can that term ONLY be used against Kerry?

Why isn't that ridiculous?

How much has Bush trimmed the budget like he promised when he was running in
2000? Why isn't that a flip-flop?

N8KDV May 6th 04 06:34 PM

Michael I'don't know what a radio is, much less a PhD' Bryant wrote:

How much has Bush trimmed the budget like he promised when he was running in
2000? Why isn't that a flip-flop?

Perhaps it's because we've got a war going on retard! Turn on that radio you fat
piece of ****.

m II May 6th 04 07:29 PM

N8KDV wrote:

Michael I'don't know what a radio is, much less a PhD' Bryant wrote:

How much has Bush trimmed the budget like he promised when he was running in
2000? Why isn't that a flip-flop?

Perhaps it's because we've got a war going on retard! Turn on that radio you fat
piece of ****.

How long have you been addicted to abusing? Did Bryant reject your
homosexual advances, so now you want revenge? What made you into the
twisted antisocial cretin you so want to look like?

There IS help available. Do it before it becomes a stand-off situation
between you and the minions of your police state..

mike

Tracy Fort May 6th 04 07:46 PM

On Thu, 06 May 2004 18:29:21 GMT, m II
wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Michael I'don't know what a radio is, much less a PhD' Bryant wrote:

How much has Bush trimmed the budget like he promised when he was running in
2000? Why isn't that a flip-flop?

Perhaps it's because we've got a war going on retard! Turn on that radio you fat
piece of ****.

How long have you been addicted to abusing? Did Bryant reject your
homosexual advances, so now you want revenge? What made you into the
twisted antisocial cretin you so want to look like?

There IS help available. Do it before it becomes a stand-off situation
between you and the minions of your police state..

mike

I don't think he was trying to steal your boyfriend. You can have
Bryant all for yourself.

Tracy