RadioBanter

-   -   Article about Murdered DJs (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42668-article-about-murdered-djs.html)

lsmyer May 17th 04 08:24 PM

Article about Murdered DJs

Here's a link to an article about murdered DJs and radio hosts.
http://radio.about.com/library/weekly/aa080303a.htm

I don't know about anyone else, but I was assaulted at gunpoint one day at
our local radio station by a crazy ex-employee. Plus, I've been stalked
several different times. All of those events happened back in the late 70s
and early 80s. To me, it was a shock when it first happened to me, but now I
have come to recognize this phenomenon as a typical job hazard of the radio
industry. Radio draws nutcakes. That's what drew me to the industry to start
with!

Has anyone here had any such experience in their background?

Tony Meloche May 18th 04 12:20 AM

lsmyer wrote:

Here's a link to an article about murdered DJs and radio hosts.
http://radio.about.com/library/weekly/aa080303a.htm

I don't know about anyone else, but I was assaulted at gunpoint one day at
our local radio station by a crazy ex-employee. Plus, I've been stalked
several different times. All of those events happened back in the late 70s
and early 80s. To me, it was a shock when it first happened to me, but now I
have come to recognize this phenomenon as a typical job hazard of the radio
industry. Radio draws nutcakes. That's what drew me to the industry to start
with!

Has anyone here had any such experience in their background?

I have two relatives - a son and a niece - who worked in radio at one
time, both "on air". Neither ever had a problem with nutcakes, but
*both* were told when they started out: "Make up an on-air name. When
you're on the air, being interviewed, or in a public appearance, you
always use that name. NEVER use your real name".

Tony

RHF May 18th 04 02:31 AM

LSM,

So you had a "Play Misty for Me !" Experience.

EASTWOOD= http://www.filmsite.org/playm.html

[ There Here... and They are Listening :]

Just for the Fun of It ~ RHF
..
..
= = = ...

RFCOMMSYS May 18th 04 02:54 AM

wrote:

.....Radio draws nutcakes.

Yes. Just look at this newsgroup. LOL

(Present company excluded, of course)

Telamon May 18th 04 05:26 AM

In article ,
"lsmyer" wrote:

Here's a link to an article about murdered DJs and radio hosts.
http://radio.about.com/library/weekly/aa080303a.htm

I don't know about anyone else, but I was assaulted at gunpoint one
day at our local radio station by a crazy ex-employee. Plus, I've
been stalked several different times. All of those events happened
back in the late 70s and early 80s. To me, it was a shock when it
first happened to me, but now I have come to recognize this
phenomenon as a typical job hazard of the radio industry. Radio draws
nutcakes. That's what drew me to the industry to start with!

Has anyone here had any such experience in their background?

Just Bryant in this newsgroup.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California