RadioBanter

-   -   Sudan 7200 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42749-sudan-7200-a.html)

Dan Robinson May 21st 04 03:55 AM

Sudan 7200

Crashing in for the last half hour, since 0225 with
Koran chants, still in there at 11 pm EDT...

GO BEARCATS May 22nd 04 09:45 AM

Crashing in for the last half hour, since 0225 with
Koran chants, still in there at 11 pm EDT...

*Crashing*? As in 'loud' or static? I've grabbed that many a times. Good
catch.:-)

What receiver and antenna were you using by chance?

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/*SUPER*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+HowellSW
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
500ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Long-Wire
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*
~OptimusCTR-111Cassettte Recorder~
~Radio Shack 2Speed VOX#43-476~
~Ramsey Speech Scrambler~

N8KDV May 22nd 04 01:32 PM

GO BEARCATS wrote:

Crashing in for the last half hour, since 0225 with
Koran chants, still in there at 11 pm EDT...

*Crashing*? As in 'loud' or static? I've grabbed that many a times. Good
catch.:-)

I first heard and QSL'd Omdurman back in 1985 when they used 5039 kHz.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Michael Bryant May 22nd 04 07:26 PM

From: N8KDV

I first heard and QSL'd Omdurman back in 1985 when they used 5039 kHz.

You invented shortwave radio, didn't you, Steve?

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

N8KDV May 22nd 04 08:22 PM

From: N8KDV

I first heard and QSL'd Omdurman back in 1985 when they used 5039 kHz.

You invented shortwave radio, didn't you, Steve?

No, but I've done a far superior job than you have in actually LISTENING to
it!

Michael Bryant May 22nd 04 09:11 PM

From: N8KDV

I first heard and QSL'd Omdurman back in 1985 when they used 5039 kHz.

You invented shortwave radio, didn't you, Steve?

No, but I've done a far superior job than you have in actually LISTENING to
it!

Yes, when any of us hear anything, I think everyone can safely assume you
heard it first, years ago.....

N8KDV May 22nd 04 09:19 PM

Michael 'I'm so obese I had to get the extra heavy duty plastic blow-up doll'

From: N8KDV

I first heard and QSL'd Omdurman back in 1985 when they used 5039 kHz.

You invented shortwave radio, didn't you, Steve?

No, but I've done a far superior job than you have in actually LISTENING to
it!

Yes, when any of us hear anything, I think everyone can safely assume you
heard it first, years ago.....

Did I ever say that I heard it first? Damn, you're a retard!

Michael Bryant May 22nd 04 09:50 PM

From: N8KDV

Yes, when any of us hear anything, I think everyone can safely assume you
heard it first, years ago.....

Did I ever say that I heard it first? Damn, you're a retard!

Uh, gee, someone reports hearing it on 7200 two days ago and you respond by
saying:

"I first heard and QSL'd Omdurman back in 1985 when they used 5039 kHz."

If you weren't saying you heard it first, why did you use those exact words?
And, more importantly, who cares?

N8KDV May 22nd 04 09:54 PM

From: N8KDV

Yes, when any of us hear anything, I think everyone can safely assume you
heard it first, years ago.....

Did I ever say that I heard it first? Damn, you're a retard!

Uh, gee, someone reports hearing it on 7200 two days ago and you respond by
saying:

"I first heard and QSL'd Omdurman back in 1985 when they used 5039 kHz."

If you weren't saying you heard it first, why did you use those exact words?

You don't comprehend the English language very well do you hillbilly?

And, more importantly, who cares?

Obviously you do!

Michael Bryant May 22nd 04 10:01 PM

From: N8KDV

Yes, when any of us hear anything, I think everyone can safely assume

you
heard it first, years ago.....

Did I ever say that I heard it first? Damn, you're a retard!

Uh, gee, someone reports hearing it on 7200 two days ago and you respond by
saying:

"I first heard and QSL'd Omdurman back in 1985 when they used 5039 kHz."

If you weren't saying you heard it first, why did you use those exact

words?

You don't comprehend the English language very well do you hillbilly?

Well, if YOU understood English, there'd be a comma between "you " and
"hillbilly" in the last sentence.

And, more importantly, who cares?

Obviously you do!

I absolutely DO NOT care that you first heard the station in 1985. Why you
imagine that ANYONE would care is beyond my imagination.