RadioBanter

-   -   Are there any SW kits available? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/42956-there-any-sw-kits-available.html)

Hidalgo May 30th 04 11:49 PM

Are there any SW kits available?

I'm looking at having some major surgery later this year and was trying to
figure out what to do while recuperating.

I'm stockpiling reading material, DVDs and MP3s of old time radio. Thought
about getting a SW radio to listen to also. Then I thought it might be more
fun to actually build a kit before the surgery and listen to it afterward.

So... I knew there used to be Radio Shack and Heathkit kits, but haven't
seen anything about those in ages. Are there any manufacturers of SW kits
anymore?

Thanks in advance.

Clark Neider May 31st 04 12:53 AM

Ten-Tec

"Hidalgo" wrote in message
I'm looking at having some major surgery later this year and was trying to
figure out what to do while recuperating.

I'm stockpiling reading material, DVDs and MP3s of old time radio. Thought
about getting a SW radio to listen to also. Then I thought it might be

more
fun to actually build a kit before the surgery and listen to it afterward.

So... I knew there used to be Radio Shack and Heathkit kits, but haven't
seen anything about those in ages. Are there any manufacturers of SW kits
anymore?

Thanks in advance.

May 31st 04 01:44 AM

http://www.aoruk.com/tentec/kits/kits.htm

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...t/carlton3.htm

Shadrach June 1st 04 07:06 AM

Unless I am mistaken, on Mon, 31 May 2004 01:44:36 +0100,
wrote:

http://www.aoruk.com/tentec/kits/kits.htm

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...t/carlton3.htm

Ramsey Electronics has some s/w kits to build - never tried myself.

Use the usual techniques if you wish to reply via email.

Molon Labe!