RadioBanter

-   -   WMR 5815 with half power (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/43057-wmr-5815-half-power.html)

Daniel Moeller June 3rd 04 10:35 PM

WMR 5815 with half power

WMR right now again with 6 kW (half power) on 5815 kHz and fine signal.
They will test full power maybe this weekend.

73s from Luxemburg, Daniel
--
Intl. Monitoring Service
http://www.fading.de

dxAce June 3rd 04 10:39 PM

Daniel Moeller wrote:

WMR right now again with 6 kW (half power) on 5815 kHz and fine signal.
They will test full power maybe this weekend.

Not even a het here at this hour (2137), still too much daylight on the
path.

Any idea if they are using a directional or non-directional array?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Stig Hartvig Nielsen June 4th 04 01:01 PM

dxAce" wrote:
Any idea if they are using a directional or non-directional array?
Steve

On 5815 as well as 15810 kHz we are using a simple horizontal dipole which
should be more or less ND, but I'm afraid we have a null towards North
America. Reception on 5815 in North America is not very good - where as in
South America we are often heard quite well on 5815 after local sunset
there.

We will continue using 6 kW on 5815 for the time being. On 15810 kHz we will
continue using 500 W until further notice.

Btw: We have some problems with our Internet streaming - but hopefully it
will be up and running Monday.

Best 73s
Stig Hartvig Nielsen
World Music Radio