Old June 10th 04, 10:52 PM
Mediaguy500

Default I'm really getting back into the radio listening hobby now.

My cable tv here is now completely awful. It is virtually unwatchable and
unlistenable.The cable company refuses to repair it. (and I can't put up an
antenna or satellite dish here. too many trees for satellite reception
anyways. It's "Smokey The Bear" woods thick.

and although I was (and still am a bit) upset about the cable tv no longer
coming in watchable, I finally say "phooey on the cable tv". It just gives me
another excuse to once again start monitoring radio stations like I used to.
And besides, in today's atmosphere, even if the cable tv came in perfectly, who
could see the actual program picture anyways with all those station logos,
advertising banners, titles of shows, text crawls, and a bunch of other
superimposed stuff constantly covering the picture anyways?

just one more excuse to go back to listening to the radio instead of watching
tv.

I do still have my old videotapes that I can watch, so I'll probably alternate
between watching them and listening to the radio. But once I've seen them a few
times, then there's not much reason to watch them anymore.

So it looks like I'll soon be posting my actual shortwave radio loggings here.

Old June 10th 04, 11:06 PM
Radioman390

It just gives me
another excuse to once again start monitoring radio stations like I used to.

I do still have my old videotapes that I can watch, so I'll probably
alternate
between watching them and listening to the radio. But once I've seen them a
few
times, then there's not much reason to watch them anymore.

So it looks like I'll soon be posting my actual shortwave radio loggings
here.

+------

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS YOUR OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION THAT THERE IS NO LONGER ANY
ROOM IN OUR HOBBY FOR NEW OR RETURNING DXers.

YOUR NAME AND E-MAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN ENTERED ON A WAITING LIST.

YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN YOU CAN RESUME DXING.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION.
Old June 10th 04, 11:56 PM
J999w

So it looks like I'll soon be posting my actual shortwave radio loggings
here.

WELCOME ABOARD.

jw
K9RZZ
Old June 11th 04, 02:20 AM
Diverd4777

In article , Howard
writes:

Dan - I gave up on Animal Planet when I discovered they don't have a
recipe/cooking tips portion of the show 8-}

Howard

- You have to watch " Survivor " For the recepies

BTW:

WBCQ Rabbi Spivak is talking to a guy ( David) who's listening to 7.415 in
South Africa..
S-4-5 down there ! !
Says the Universal ID card works well for him..

Old June 11th 04, 03:27 PM
Frank Dresser

"Radioman390" wrote in message

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS YOUR OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION THAT THERE IS NO LONGER

ANY
ROOM IN OUR HOBBY FOR NEW OR RETURNING DXers.

YOUR NAME AND E-MAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN ENTERED ON A WAITING LIST.

YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN YOU CAN RESUME DXING.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION.

Mr. 500,

Do not be unduly upset by Mr. 390's official notification. If you are a
resident of the US, you will not be considered to be DXing if you listen to
the domestic SW broadcasters.

During your SW hiatus, you may have missed the prediction of the Earth's
destruction by Planet X in May of 2003, the announcement that the President
of the United States is a cannibal and a Satan worshipper and the discovery
that all of the world's white people are descended from a black man, cursed
by God, whose skin was turned white with leprosy.

Thanks to the US domestic broadcasters, you can still use your SW radio for
getting the important news which never makes it's way into the major media.

Frank Dresser

Old June 11th 04, 03:57 PM
m II

Frank Dresser wrote:

During your SW hiatus, you may have missed the prediction of the Earth's
destruction by Planet X in May of 2003,

Even Kepler made mistakes...

the announcement that the President
of the United States is a cannibal and a Satan worshipper

I knew it! Thank you for this obviously 'insider' information.
Judging from the scars and wounds on his face, it would appear he
likes his meals rare. The undead fight back..

and the discovery
that all of the world's white people are descended from a black man, cursed
by God, whose skin was turned white with leprosy.

The Mormon church in the late sixties and early seventies taught
just the opposite. Black skin was a curse against some who sinned
against God. Their offspring too! Africa was populated by these
newly cursed black folks via immigration from South America, where
the original altering of pigmentation took place.

I recently asked an adherent to the 'Mormon' faith about this and
was told it's not mainstream church policy anymore.

Even MediaGuy has had two or three reincarnations in this newsgroup
over the last while..

mike

Old June 12th 04, 04:52 PM
Telamon

In article ,
(Mediaguy500) wrote:

[...]

SW is good for more than DX or just logging what you hear. Believe it or
not you can actually listen to the program content. There is new, music,
commentary and other programs that cover about any subject under the sun.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California