RadioBanter

-   -   New HiFer Beacon ID of X? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/43383-new-hifer-beacon-id-x.html)

MikeS June 20th 04 05:16 PM

New HiFer Beacon ID of X?

I am copying a HiFer beacon around 13.5601 MHz sending a CW id of "X". I
don't see any such listing on the web page I use for a beacon list. The
beacon has a lot of QSB and as I have written this note has disappeared
completely

Yesterday I got good reception on GA. NC, and HI beacons. Using ARGO
software for the display. The HI and X beacons were plainly heard by ear.

Hifer beacons are the part 15 very low power beacons in the 13.553 to 13.567
MHz range that anyone can put on the air. They run only about 2-milliwatts
to keep within part 15 regulations. There are also LoFer (136 KHz band) and
MedFer (1700 KHz band) beacons

NU4G June 3rd 10 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeS (Post 202202)
I am copying a HiFer beacon around 13.5601 MHz sending a CW id of "X". I
don't see any such listing on the web page I use for a beacon list. The
beacon has a lot of QSB and as I have written this note has disappeared
completely

And 6 years later...

That was me playing around with several beacon transmitters. The "regular" beacon I had going at the time was ARO, but was intermittent.

Now I have NO Hifer or any other sort of beacons. I need to change that!!