RadioBanter

-   -   Shithead Cop (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/43421-re-shithead-cop.html)

Greasy Rider @ Invalid.com June 23rd 04 01:23 AM

Shithead Cop

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:22:58 -0400, llortamai
proclaimed:
So this asshole cop pulls me over today and starts asking me why I

(snipped duplicate posting).

Search Result 10
From: DooDahMan )
Subject: Asshole Cop
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.misc, rec.radio.scanner,
rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 2003-12-07 13:48:50 PST

So this asshole cop pulls me over today and starts asking me why I
have a
scanner in my car. I tell him it's a hobby and that NJ state scanner
law
states that having a scanner in your vehicle is not illegal unless
it's used
for commiting a crime or evading police. Which is true. It's says so
right
he

http://www.siscanner.8m.com/laws.html

and he

http://www.maxpages.com/frequencies/NJ_Laws

and he

http://www.fordyce.org/scanning/scan...o/nj-laws.html

That wasn't good enough for that asshole, so after he writes me for
not
having a seat belt on, he tells me that the "NJ scanner law stuff is
hogwash" and that unless I'm a tow truck driver, EMT, fire
fighter....(insert own bull****) that I can't have it in my car and
that he
has 30 days to decide if he wants to charge me with the crime of
having it
in my car.

What should I do? I know for a fact that it's not illegal and this
asshole
harrassed me just cuz he was bored i suppose.