RadioBanter

-   -   DX'ing with a Jwin JX -M14 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/43584-dxing-jwin-jx-m14.html)

Diverd4777 July 5th 04 01:03 AM

DX'ing with a Jwin JX -M14

- So I went hiking up in the hills round here ( Quite slowly, actually )
& tried my luck at the top of one, with this small digital read out analgue
SWR.

Sun went down & It got dark ( Had a Flashlight) so the little LED's glow
contrasted nicely with the sun baked Granit .
Used earbuds, so as not to disturb the crickets

Well, with a 10 foot random wire, i was pickin up just about everythig; faint,
strong, nearby & far away;
But all over the dial. Totally out of calibration.
Then I tuned into Marions Attic ( 7.415) which was showing up at ~6
something..

Found WWV in ~14.000 range. Not where I thought it woould be, but it
Still told the Truth..
In short, if your backpacking / Hiking , not a terrible set to carry about.

& its Nice to have parks & forests & such, with Trees & Birds & Bears & Stars

- & finally, anyone know a Low tech way of recalibrationg this $15.00 set.. ?

Happy Fourth of July Everyone

Dan

WShoots1 July 5th 04 06:01 AM

I'd never heard of one of these going out of calibration. They seem to give
true frequency reout. I've had no porblem with mine nor have the two kids to
which I gave each one.

Now the PPL in the thing could be unlocking. That happens to often with my
Grundig eTR7, which is a digitally tuned job, at least is does when I turn it
right back on after it times out and shuts off.

Bill, K5BY