RadioBanter

-   -   PR - Offshore Music Radio marks Marine Offences Act Day (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/43917-re-google-page-ranking-offshore-music-radio-marks-marine-offences-act-day.html)

dxAce August 11th 04 09:20 PM

Mediazoo wrote:

Offshore Music Radio marks Marine Offences Act Day

Offshore Music Radio, the leading global internet radio station,

Excuse me, but one can't actually be a *radio station* on the internet.

It' *don't* work that way.

dxAce

Joe August 11th 04 09:39 PM

"dxAce" wrote in message

Excuse me, but one can't actually be a *radio station* on the internet.

It' *don't* work that way.

On 14 August 2004 14:00 - 20:00 GMT
Offshore Music Radio
will also be available across continental Europe
via 9290Khz Short Wave

http://www.offshoremusicradio.com/tunein.html

dxAce August 11th 04 10:30 PM

Joe wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Excuse me, but one can't actually be a *radio station* on the internet.

It' *don't* work that way.

On 14 August 2004 14:00 - 20:00 GMT
Offshore Music Radio
will also be available across continental Europe
via 9290Khz Short Wave

http://www.offshoremusicradio.com/tunein.html

Iunderstand that, but the facts remain the same. They are not a *radio
statio* on the internet.

Please try to comprehend, I know it's tought out there... but try!

dxAce

Joe August 11th 04 11:48 PM

"dxAce" wrote in message

On 14 August 2004 14:00 - 20:00 GMT
Offshore Music Radio
will also be available across continental Europe
via 9290Khz Short Wave

http://www.offshoremusicradio.com/tunein.html

Iunderstand that, but the facts remain the same. They are not a *radio
statio* on the internet.

Please try to comprehend, I know it's tought out there... but try!

Hey stupid. They broadcast on the airwaves, then they are a radio station.
The fact that they also stream their broadcast on the net makes no
difference.

Dwight Stewart August 13th 04 03:19 PM

"Joe" wrote:

Hey stupid. They broadcast on the airwaves,
then they are a radio station. The fact that
they also stream their broadcast on the net
makes no difference.

I think his point can be better understood by looking at this line from
the original message - "Offshore Music Radio, the leading global internet
radio station..." Notice the "internet radio station" in that - the internet
is not a RADIO station.

Further, their shortwave broadcast appears to be a single day event ("14th
August"), not part of their regular business. As such, they are really
stretching the use of the word "radio" in their advertising.

Of course, DxAce is perhaps being a little oversensitive for making an
issue over this, but he is certainly not stupid as you've said. And I say
only a little oversensitive because this doesn't really sit very well with
me, a dedicated radio enthusiast, either.

Dwight Stewart