RadioBanter

-   -   Battery Powered Speaker (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/44269-battery-powered-speaker.html)

Ron Hardin August 31st 04 09:53 AM

Battery Powered Speaker

I got the Creative TravelSound AAA-battery version; it, as another
poster mentioned, does tend to tip over, aggressively in fact. Soundwise I can't
distinguish it from the TravelSound 200, which is AA-powered and has
better controls, and with the batteries in the base, so it's stable
against tipping. Were I buying just one, the AA seems the way to go.

The AA plays 25 hours, the AAA 35 hours, according to the info. Maybe the
AAA has a digital amplifier and the AA does not? Hard to say, from the info.
The batteries cost the same, so there's nothing to prefer about AAA.

J&R has the AAA ($60); Creative has the AA ($50)

The AAA is _slightly_ smaller, and needed a brush-on of DeoxIT on the
line input jack to rememdy an intermittent contact; and mysteriously has a headphone jack.

AA http://us.creative.com/products/prod...roduct=1050 8
AAA http://us.creative.com/products/prod...=29&product=80
(but AAA is cheaper at http://www.jandr.com)
--
Ron Hardin

Bob September 1st 04 09:34 AM

Ron Hardin wrote:
[...]

How far distance wise do those little things work and are they loud enough?

-Bob

Ron Hardin September 1st 04 01:13 PM

Bob wrote:
AA http://us.creative.com/products/prod...roduct=1050 8
AAA http://us.creative.com/products/prod...=29&product=80
(but AAA is cheaper at http://www.jandr.com)

How far distance wise do those little things work and are they loud enough?

I would say they're for a desk or nightstand, where they're plenty loud.
No good for the next room though.
--
Ron Hardin

[email protected] September 8th 04 07:21 AM

Ron Hardin wrote in message ...
I got the Creative TravelSound AAA-battery version; it, as another
poster mentioned, does tend to tip over, aggressively in fact. Soundwise I can't
distinguish it from the TravelSound 200, which is AA-powered and has
better controls

What better controls?

and with the batteries in the base, so it's stable
against tipping. Were I buying just one, the AA seems the way to go.

The AA plays 25 hours, the AAA 35 hours, according to the info. Maybe the
AAA has a digital amplifier and the AA does not?

Can both play equally loud, with equally good sound?

Ron Hardin September 8th 04 09:53 AM

wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote in message ...
I got the Creative TravelSound AAA-battery version; it, as another
poster mentioned, does tend to tip over, aggressively in fact. Soundwise I can't
distinguish it from the TravelSound 200, which is AA-powered and has
better controls

What better controls?

and with the batteries in the base, so it's stable
against tipping. Were I buying just one, the AA seems the way to go.

The AA plays 25 hours, the AAA 35 hours, according to the info. Maybe the
AAA has a digital amplifier and the AA does not?

Can both play equally loud, with equally good sound?

The AA has an actual knob for volume and switches on the top, the AAA has an
increase/decrease button and switches on the back.

They both sound the same to me.
--
Ron Hardin