RadioBanter

-   -   GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ] (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/44398-ge-superadios-dummies-%5B-ge-super-radios-i-ii-iii-%5D.html)

RHF September 6th 04 03:03 PM

GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ]

FO&A,

Just a "Reminder" there are two eGroups on YAHOO !
That are 'focused' on the GE Superadios (Super Radio).

* Here is a LINK to the "LongRange" [GE Superadio]
(GE Superadio Group for Connoisseurs) eGroup at YAHOO !
To Subscribe:

* Here is a LINK to the "Superadio III" eGroup at YAHOO !
GoTo=
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SuperadioIII/
To Subscribe:

Also for those who are interested in the next generation of
Super Radio. Check-Out the Grundig S350 / Tecson BCL-2000
eGroup at YAHOO !
To Subscribe:

fyi ~ RHF

..

Brenda Ann Dyer September 7th 04 01:56 AM

"Jmpngtiger" wrote in message
Will it have digital readout? I just can't see interpreting slide-rule

dials
in the 21st century.

Digital readout is not all it's cracked up to be, especially in low end
radios (which does include all the models listed). It causes birdies and
other digital hash that disrupts reception of otherwise copyable signals.
For real DX work, I'll take an analog tuner any time.

Jmpngtiger September 9th 04 01:39 AM

I don't like scrolling down through repetitive "crap" when I'm reading a NG,
but I will bottom post a reference in case someone is just tuning in.

But thanks for answering my question. The GE Super Radios I was familiar with
did not have this feature. I'm one of the dummies.

jt

Will it have digital readout? I just can't see interpreting slide-rule

dials
in the 21st century.

It already does.

Plus, I fixed your top posting crap.

Dan

m II February 14th 05 10:35 PM

RHF wrote:

GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ]
.
For One and All,
.
Here are several Links related to the GE Superadios:

Good links. Thanks.

mike

lsmyer February 14th 05 11:47 PM

A friend of mine has one of the original Superadios. I keep offering to
trade him one of my brand new SRIIIs for his old radio, but he always turns
me down.

Rob Mills February 15th 05 04:16 AM

"lsmyer" wrote in message

I keep offering to trade him one of my brand new SRIIIs for his old

radio

I have both (have the very early one) and don't blame him for not wanting to
trade. Found my one at an estate sale. It was sitting in the garage with an
inch of dust on it and a $2 price tag on it. I assumed it had problems but
thought I would "take a chance". I got it home and blew off the dust and
cleaned it up and it looked like some one bought it and never used it, not a
flaw or scratch on it, antenna (original fake loading coil) straight as an
arrow and don't believe it ever had batteries in it. RM~

PS, It has batteries in it now. ; )

[email protected] February 15th 05 04:42 AM

I have a GE AM/FM table model transistor radio (actually,I own about 200
old radios) here that says on the lower part of the dial,LONG RANGE HIGH
SELECTIVITY.MODEL NO.7-2880B.It used to have a push button switch on top
to turn it on and off but the push buttom quit working about ten years
ago so I cut a little hole in the back of the radio and I hooked up an
old toggle switch I had laying around to turn the radio on and off.The
radio can run on batteries too.
cuhulin

Rob Mills February 15th 05 05:23 AM

wrote in message

here that says on the lower part of the dial,LONG RANGE HIGH

SELECTIVITY.MODEL NO.7-2880B

That's a Super 1, mine is a 7-2880A and I think the only noticeable
difference is that yours
has an external antenna connection. I've never had mine apart but have heard
that it's real easy to damage that on/off switch when separating the case
during disassembly. RM~

RHF February 15th 05 11:01 PM

FO&A,