RadioBanter

-   -   Any experienced short wave radio operator located in Malibu, CA ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/44663-any-experienced-short-wave-radio-operator-located-malibu-ca.html)

aristotle September 20th 04 06:54 AM

Any experienced short wave radio operator located in Malibu, CA ?

I would truly enjoy meeting and talking with an experienced short wave
radio operator located in Malibu, CA. As a newbie to shortwave radio
it would be great seeing and listening firsthand to a quality setup.

Telamon September 20th 04 07:01 AM

In article ,
(aristotle) wrote:

I would truly enjoy meeting and talking with an experienced short wave
radio operator located in Malibu, CA. As a newbie to shortwave radio
it would be great seeing and listening firsthand to a quality setup.

Well then you may want to talk to:

Stewart H. MacKenzie, WDX6AA
"World Friendship Through Shortwave Radio Where Culture and Language
Meet"
ASWLC -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASWLC/

Stewart is in Huntington beach and sometimes has meetings at his house.
I've never attended one myself.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

aristotle September 21st 04 07:15 AM

Telamon wrote in message ...
In article ,
(aristotle) wrote:

I would truly enjoy meeting and talking with an experienced short wave
radio operator located in Malibu, CA. As a newbie to shortwave radio
it would be great seeing and listening firsthand to a quality setup.

Well then you may want to talk to:

Stewart H. MacKenzie, WDX6AA
"World Friendship Through Shortwave Radio Where Culture and Language
Meet"
ASWLC -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASWLC/

Stewart is in Huntington beach and sometimes has meetings at his house.
I've never attended one myself.

Telamon,
You are one of the most prolific contributors to rec.radio.shortwave
and I enjoyed perusing your many postings. I think you are very
upbeat on the R8B and I am leaning towards buying one. I have a great
back yard and could place an antenna there. Perhaps one day I could
invite you for lunch since we are near neighbors. Please keep up your
great work.

Michael Bryant September 21st 04 09:18 AM

From: (aristotle)
-Telamon,
You are one of the most prolific contributors to rec.radio.shortwave
and I enjoyed perusing your many postings. I think you are very
upbeat on the R8B and I am leaning towards buying one. I have a great
back yard and could place an antenna there. Perhaps one day I could
invite you for lunch since we are near neighbors. Please keep up your
great work.

Don't believe everything that's posted. Telamon doesn't really have any SW
radios. He just says he does so he can make 10 to 20 pro-Bush posts a day. If
you've checked out his posting history on Google, you must see that is the
case.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A,
Degen 1102, Degen 1103, GE SRll,
Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nospam" to reply)

dxAce September 21st 04 11:49 AM

From: (aristotle)

-Telamon,
You are one of the most prolific contributors to rec.radio.shortwave
and I enjoyed perusing your many postings. I think you are very
upbeat on the R8B and I am leaning towards buying one. I have a great
back yard and could place an antenna there. Perhaps one day I could
invite you for lunch since we are near neighbors. Please keep up your
great work.

Don't believe everything that's posted. Telamon doesn't really have any SW
radios. He just says he does so he can make 10 to 20 pro-Bush posts a day. If
you've checked out his posting history on Google, you must see that is the
case.

Don't believe anything that Bryant posts. He's lied about a lot of things,
including having a PhD. He doesn't. He got caught.

dxAce

Telamon September 22nd 04 04:02 AM

In article ,
ospam (Michael Bryant) wrote:

From:
(aristotle)
-Telamon,
You are one of the most prolific contributors to rec.radio.shortwave
and I enjoyed perusing your many postings. I think you are very
upbeat on the R8B and I am leaning towards buying one. I have a great
back yard and could place an antenna there. Perhaps one day I could
invite you for lunch since we are near neighbors. Please keep up your
great work.

Don't believe everything that's posted. Telamon doesn't really have any SW
radios. He just says he does so he can make 10 to 20 pro-Bush posts a day. If
you've checked out his posting history on Google, you must see that is the
case.

You are one funny guy Bryant. He has already read the newsgroup for
awhile now so I think he is clued in on you.

Keep munching on those Cheeto's so the bag hitting the floor does not
cause another earthquake in Kentucky.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon September 22nd 04 04:14 AM

In article ,
(aristotle) wrote:

Telamon wrote in message
.
..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASWLC/ SCADS -

Stewart is in Huntington beach and sometimes has meetings at his
house. I've never attended one myself.

Telamon, You are one of the most prolific contributors to
rec.radio.shortwave and I enjoyed perusing your many postings. I
think you are very upbeat on the R8B and I am leaning towards buying
one. I have a great back yard and could place an antenna there.
Perhaps one day I could invite you for lunch since we are near
neighbors. Please keep up your great work.

The R8B is a great radio. Whatever you get for a radio be sure to let
us know in the newsgroup. What kind of antenna are you thinking of
putting up?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California