RadioBanter

-   -   Radio Puzzler No. 4 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/44970-radio-puzzler-no-4-a.html)

Keyboard In The Wilderness October 3rd 04 03:41 PM

Radio Puzzler No. 4

Hey I can buy A batteries, (AA, and AAA), and C batteries -- right
What happened to the B battery ???

--
Keyboard In the Wilderness

dxAce October 3rd 04 03:46 PM

Keyboard In The Wilderness wrote:

Hey I can buy A batteries, (AA, and AAA), and C batteries -- right
What happened to the B battery ???

There were 'B' batteries used in the old sets.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce October 3rd 04 03:51 PM

Keyboard In The Wilderness wrote:

Correct -- but for For what purpose ??

Go look it up!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Keyboard In The Wilderness October 3rd 04 03:54 PM

No you don't understand -- this is a quiz -- I know the answer -- do you ???

--
Keyboard to you

Michael Black October 3rd 04 03:56 PM

"Keyboard In The Wilderness" ) writes:
Correct -- but for For what purpose ??

To supply the B+. That's a giveaway.

Michael

--
Keyboard to you

DesignGuy October 3rd 04 03:57 PM

"Keyboard In The Wilderness" wrote in message
Correct -- but for For what purpose ??

"B" batteries supplied the plate voltage to the tubes.

dxAce October 3rd 04 03:58 PM

Keyboard In The Wilderness wrote:

No you don't understand -- this is a quiz -- I know the answer -- do you ???

I'm fairly certain I understand much, much more than you do.

LMAO

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Brian Hill October 3rd 04 04:03 PM

"Keyboard In The Wilderness" wrote in message
Correct -- but for For what purpose ??

--
Keyboard to you

B+ is the positive plate voltage used to draw electrons emitted by the
cathode or filament to produce a useful current through a tube. It can be
supplied either with a P.S. or a battery. So There!

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

Keyboard In The Wilderness October 3rd 04 04:03 PM

Correct -- it supplied the "B+ voltage' used for the plate and screen
circuits

Comedian Steven Wright has this question as part of his humor

--
Keyboard to you