RadioBanter

-   -   AFRTS ON 7507 GONE SILENT (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/45392-afrts-7507-gone-silent.html)

K1AJ October 17th 04 04:06 AM

AFRTS ON 7507 GONE SILENT

Recently AFRTS now AFN was changed to 7507.5, 5446.5, and 12133.5. 7507 has
gone silent no doubt because they were getting hammered by the religious BC on
7505. The web site still lists 7507 as being active, but it has been silent for
about a month now. Any body know of any new frequencies? tks

Lucky October 17th 04 07:27 AM

"K1AJ" wrote in message
Recently AFRTS now AFN was changed to 7507.5, 5446.5, and 12133.5. 7507
has
gone silent no doubt because they were getting hammered by the religious
BC on
7505. The web site still lists 7507 as being active, but it has been
silent for
about a month now. Any body know of any new frequencies? tks

YES YES

I asked about this weeks ago. It seems to me after one of the hurricanes,
the Puerto Rico tower might be down. But what about the others? I live in
Florida and can't even get the Key West station. I don't know what's going
on. I did faintly pick them up on 5446.5 last week.

Now, there is some religious BS on 7507. I used to love to listen to it. It
was really nice.
Now all these doom and gloom religious types are taking over the waves,
asking for money.

Lucky

Conan Ford October 17th 04 12:20 PM

(K1AJ) wrote in
:

Recently AFRTS now AFN was changed to 7507.5, 5446.5, and 12133.5.
7507 has gone silent no doubt because they were getting hammered by
the religious BC on 7505. The web site still lists 7507 as being
active, but it has been silent for about a month now. Any body know of
any new frequencies? tks

Hmm 7505 KTBN in Utah, haven't they been broadcasting since 1990.

Are they a commune? Maybe a job for BATF..

dxAce October 17th 04 01:30 PM

Lucky wrote:

"K1AJ" wrote in message
[...]

You obviously haven't been listening for a very long time. The doom and gloomers
have been asking for money for quite some time now.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Steve October 17th 04 04:31 PM

"Lucky" wrote in message ...
"K1AJ" wrote in message
[...]

I hear AFRTS best on 9980 and 12133.5 khz.

Steve

Steve Silverwood October 27th 04 03:56 PM

In article 9,
ail says...
Hmm 7505 KTBN in Utah, haven't they been broadcasting since 1990.

Are they a commune? Maybe a job for BATF..

Not a commune. TBN -- the Trinity Broadcasting Network -- has its
headquarters here in Costa Mesa, CA. It's right next to the 405
freeway, some kind of palace the organization has built to house their
headquarters offices and programming studios. Around Christmas time
they start lighting up all the decorative lights they have strung out
all over the place -- I'd hate to have their electric bill! (They took
some flak a few years ago when they had all their lights onwhile we were
all going through those rolling blackouts due to electricity shortages,
when the providers were gouging the state on power pricing. As a
"broadcaster" they were exempted from the rolling blackouts, while we
ordinary folks had to suffer through 'em.) They also have their own
cable TV channel and are trying to buy a PBS station (KOCE) here in
Orange County, CA as a local UHF outlet.

The head of the outfit, Paul Crouch, is being investigated by the Los
Angeles Times for allegations of a homosexual affair, and also some
muddy financial dealings.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS