RadioBanter

-   -   television sent out a distress signal (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/45417-television-sent-out-distress-signal.html)

clifto October 28th 04 05:55 PM

matt weber wrote:
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:11:55 -0500, clifto wrote:
matt weber wrote:
Not all devices have such a signature in the first place. The US Navy
is quite fond of TRF radios. Devices that have no oscillators
generally have no significant signatures either. TRF radios lack
oscillators, hence have no significant EMI/RFI signature.

The only TRF radio I ever owned certainly had an oscillator. Matter of
fact, it had two, one in the mixer stage and one BFO.

Except that by definition, a TRF cannot have a mixer stage, it has no
IF stages. that why it is called a TRF.

I'll take your word for it, but when I learned the term it only seemed
to mean a radio with a tuned RF stage, implying nothing more about the
radio. Kinda had the sense of "air-conditioned car".

--
So those 380 tons of missing explosives were moved by Saddam before all
those expert inspectors noticed, eh?

No wonder twelve years of inspections found NOTHING.