RadioBanter

-   -   Pretty good conditions tonight.... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/46772-pretty-good-conditions-tonight.html)

[email protected] December 9th 04 03:07 AM

Pretty good conditions tonight....

Or so it seems. Earlier tonight "Voice of Justice" from Iran was coming
on strong on 6120khz and RAE Argentina is still sounding good. I have a
good feeling about this winter....

Steve

J999w December 9th 04 05:14 AM

40m/41m is real good. Rotten QRN on the weak ones though.

jw
k9rzz
milwaukee

m II December 9th 04 05:57 AM

wrote:
Or so it seems. Earlier tonight "Voice of Justice" from Iran was coming
on strong on 6120khz and RAE Argentina is still sounding good. I have a
good feeling about this winter....

Steve

6135 khz coming in well. Most likely BBC

05:56:00 GMT

Calgary Alberta Canada

100 ft longwire Ten Tec 320

mike

dxAce December 9th 04 06:00 AM

m II wrote:

wrote:
Or so it seems. Earlier tonight "Voice of Justice" from Iran was coming
on strong on 6120khz and RAE Argentina is still sounding good. I have a
good feeling about this winter....

Steve

6135 khz coming in well. Most likely BBC

If it's coming in so dang well, then why don't you now what it is?

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

m II December 9th 04 06:11 AM

dxAce wrote:

If it's coming in so dang well, then why don't you now what it is?

It's like those voices in your head, 'Ace'. You realize they are
there, but you don't know where they come from. Go see that shrink,
you abusive maroon.

mike

dxAce December 9th 04 06:13 AM

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

If it's coming in so dang well, then why don't you now what it is?

It's like those voices in your head, 'Ace'. You realize they are
there, but you don't know where they come from. Go see that shrink,
you abusive maroon.

LMAO at the Calgary 'tard.

Now go out there and tote that portable.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

m II December 9th 04 06:23 AM

dxAce wrote:

LMAO at the Calgary 'tard.

Now go out there and tote that portable.

Never get tired of the same repetitious crap, do you 'Ace'? Insulting
people isn't enough for you, is it? You have insult the type of radio
too.

Many people find portables quite useful and enjoyable. I don't imagine
you know what joy is though, having so little of it in your own life.

Many portables work very well. Even the ones not up to your elitist
standards perform quite acceptably in places where a table top set
can't be used.

I think I'll dust off the Trans Oceanic a bit later and compare it to
the Sangean 909. That will be fun.

Ciao, maroon.

mike

dxAce December 9th 04 06:28 AM

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

LMAO at the Calgary 'tard.

Now go out there and tote that portable.

Never get tired of the same repetitious crap, do you 'Ace'? Insulting
people isn't enough for you, is it? You have insult the type of radio
too.

Many people find portables quite useful and enjoyable. I don't imagine
you know what joy is though, having so little of it in your own life.

Many portables work very well. Even the ones not up to your elitist
standards perform quite acceptably in places where a table top set
can't be used.

I think I'll dust off the Trans Oceanic a bit later and compare it to
the Sangean 909. That will be fun.

That's it! Dust it off so you can go tote it. Finally, you are thinking.

LMAO at the 'tard.

(Now that's real joy)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce December 9th 04 07:55 AM

J999w wrote:

40m/41m is real good. Rotten QRN on the weak ones though.

Yep, there's some storm activity south of us beginning in Kentucky. Kicking up a
lot of QRN on the lower bands this morning.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

JuLiE Dxer December 9th 04 10:06 AM

yep, worked t32ck on 7018 kHz cw first call with low power this
evening.
His signal was easily 599+.. Even one of my friends with a **** poor
antenna could hear him loudly.

73