RadioBanter

-   -   BBC via Guyana? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/46892-bbc-via-guyana.html)

[email protected] December 16th 04 05:06 AM

BBC via Guyana?

Earlier tonight I found myself listening to the BBC on 3291 khz. The
frequency shifted a bit over time and ended up being closer to 3290
khz. This latter frequency is associated with the Voice of Guyana, but
would the Voice of Guyana be relaying BBC programs?

Steve

dxAce December 16th 04 11:02 AM

wrote:

Earlier tonight I found myself listening to the BBC on 3291 khz. The
frequency shifted a bit over time and ended up being closer to 3290
khz. This latter frequency is associated with the Voice of Guyana, but
would the Voice of Guyana be relaying BBC programs?

Yes, they are known to relay the BBC and even VOA at times.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Kachina 78 December 17th 04 07:31 AM

Steve and Ace, Thanks for clearing this up for me. I stop by that frequency
every morning,(0600 UTC) and I've been wondering the same thing. I get a solid
S-7 on the JRC NRD-535D, here in the Chicago 'burbs. Good DXing to you, Gary

uncle arnie December 17th 04 05:58 PM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:06 pm,
posted to rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

Earlier tonight I found myself listening to the BBC on 3291 khz. The
frequency shifted a bit over time and ended up being closer to 3290
khz. This latter frequency is associated with the Voice of Guyana, but
would the Voice of Guyana be relaying BBC programs?

Steve

What were they broadcasting? They used to pick up radio plays and some
selected news items.