RadioBanter

-   -   Voice of Africa (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/46918-voice-africa.html)

[email protected] December 17th 04 04:40 PM

Voice of Africa

According to Primtetimeshortwave.com, Voice of Africa should have been
broadcasting in English this morning from 1600-1700 on 15220 and 17840
khz. However, while Voice of Africa (or what I believe to be Voice of
Africa) was using these frequencies, the broadcast was not in English.

I heard an English language broadcast from Voice of Africa not long
ago, but the schedules I consult never seem to be correct. Very
frustrating.

dxAce December 17th 04 05:20 PM

wrote:

According to Primtetimeshortwave.com, Voice of Africa should have been
broadcasting in English this morning from 1600-1700 on 15220 and 17840
khz. However, while Voice of Africa (or what I believe to be Voice of
Africa) was using these frequencies, the broadcast was not in English.

I heard an English language broadcast from Voice of Africa not long
ago, but the schedules I consult never seem to be correct. Very
frustrating.

I currently show nothing for them in English. It may have been dropped?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] December 17th 04 06:13 PM

Hmmm. I don't know. I did hear them on 15660 khz about a month ago.
They IDed (in English) as Voice of Africa, had some news and news
analysis, all of which was harshly anti-American and anti-Israeli (much
harsher than what you might hear on IRIB, for example). I made a mental
note to find them again, but haven't been to find another English
broadcast. Maybe English was dropped.

Steve

dxAce December 17th 04 09:03 PM

wrote:

Hmmm. I don't know. I did hear them on 15660 khz about a month ago.
They IDed (in English) as Voice of Africa, had some news and news
analysis, all of which was harshly anti-American and anti-Israeli (much
harsher than what you might hear on IRIB, for example). I made a mental
note to find them again, but haven't been to find another English
broadcast. Maybe English was dropped.

See Libya at:

http://www.w4uvh.net/dxlatest.txt

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] December 18th 04 03:24 AM

dxAce wrote:
wrote:

Hmmm. I don't know. I did hear them on 15660 khz about a month ago.
They IDed (in English) as Voice of Africa, had some news and news
analysis, all of which was harshly anti-American and anti-Israeli

(much
harsher than what you might hear on IRIB, for example). I made a

mental
note to find them again, but haven't been to find another English
broadcast. Maybe English was dropped.

See Libya at:

http://www.w4uvh.net/dxlatest.txt

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Yes, this should help. Thanks!

dxAce December 19th 04 01:24 PM

wrote:

dxAce wrote:
wrote:

Hmmm. I don't know. I did hear them on 15660 khz about a month ago.
They IDed (in English) as Voice of Africa, had some news and news
analysis, all of which was harshly anti-American and anti-Israeli

(much
harsher than what you might hear on IRIB, for example). I made a

mental
note to find them again, but haven't been to find another English
broadcast. Maybe English was dropped.

See Libya at:

http://www.w4uvh.net/dxlatest.txt

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Yes, this should help. Thanks!

Yeah, it looks as though there is some English and French, but it appears to be
brief. Doesn't appear to be from transmitters actually in Libya though, for some
reason it seems as though they don't use them much if at all anymore.