RadioBanter

-   -   Close to a record price for a Panasonic RF-2900 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/46924-close-record-price-panasonic-rf-2900-a.html)

[email protected] December 17th 04 07:59 PM

Close to a record price for a Panasonic RF-2900

Conan Ford December 17th 04 08:23 PM

wrote in
ups.com:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...051&item=57374
56321&rd=1

Seeing old stuff like this sell for so much makes me want to sell my
Superadio II that I found at a pawn shop for $7 a few months back. I bet
it would fetch enough to buy a Superadio III and some change.

[email protected] December 17th 04 08:37 PM

I'd bet that SRII could fetch more than the price of a new SRIII if
it's in decent shape. I guess prices like $300.00 for an RF-2900 shows
there still is a real interest in shortwave radios...especially if they
are retro styled and in very good condition. I enjoyed a Panasonic
RF-5000b I found at an estate sale a while back. The hunt is much fun
as the "kill" so I'll keep trolling the estate sales for bargains.

I remember playing with an RF-2900 and RF-4900 at EEB in Vienna,
Virginia when the radios were new! Sheesh!!!!

RHF December 17th 04 09:03 PM

HJS,

Since it was described as "OOP" {Opened Otherwise Perfect}
Like New [Mint] with the Original Box, Documents and Accessories.

This eBay Auction for this "Classic" Radio had to be viewed as a
"Collectors" Sale. Many 'collectors' will buy several radios with
'extras' over the years to acquire a Complete Radio "Like New"
In-the-Box; with Complete Documentation; and Full Accessories;
and the 'collector' will spend a lot more.

Here some Lucky Collector, got a Deal an found EVERYTHING in
One-Package for a Good Price.
[ Remember that the Mind Set and Motivation of a "Collector"
is different the 'average' Radio Enthusiast. ]
- The One - Wants To "Possess" THE RADIO !
- The other - wants to 'use' the Radio.

Enjoy Listening to 'your' Radios and . . .
Dream of the 'possibilities' that a New Radio
will Bring to Your Listening Enjoyment :o)

..
jm2cw ~ RHF
..
..

mike maghakian December 18th 04 12:36 AM

first RF-2900 box I have seen in a LONG time. that is why it went for that
price.

that and two poeple wanted it bad, that is a critical part, one persone
wants it, it goes cheap

wrote in message
ups.com...

Lucky December 18th 04 12:59 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...

How's this auction :) I guess it's worth it for a real collector

Lucky

[email protected] December 18th 04 01:26 AM

Is it one of a kind????

Lovely early home audio center, but not at that price. There are too
many other good looking receivers that are comparably styled and have
the same deep sound for a fraction of that price.

Pilotbutteradio December 18th 04 03:56 AM

Your SR 2 is worth more than a new SR 3, and is probably a better radio.
Congrats on your $7.00 score!

--
Dave,

Kenwood TS-2000, Kenwood TS-930s,
Uniden BC 780xlt, Pro 95, VX5R, YB400pe, SR3

3.159...

Lucky December 18th 04 10:55 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it one of a kind????

Lovely early home audio center, but not at that price. There are too
many other good looking receivers that are comparably styled and have
the same deep sound for a fraction of that price.

Hi
I don't know if it's one of kind, but it's in great condition judging from
the looks and what the seller describes. Remember it's 65 years old.
A collectors item. Now these bidders are the real hard core radio McCoys.
Scroll all the way down and look at all the great pictures. It's a pleasure
to look at.

Lucky

dxAce December 18th 04 11:06 AM

Lucky wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it one of a kind????

Lovely early home audio center, but not at that price. There are too
many other good looking receivers that are comparably styled and have
the same deep sound for a fraction of that price.

Hi
I don't know if it's one of kind, but it's in great condition judging from
the looks and what the seller describes. Remember it's 65 years old.
A collectors item. Now these bidders are the real hard core radio McCoys.
Scroll all the way down and look at all the great pictures. It's a pleasure
to look at.

65 years old? More like late 1970's early 80's. Still, for a collector of such
things it may be worth the price.

dxAce
Michigan
USA