RadioBanter

-   -   15485 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/47096-15485.html)

Greg December 26th 04 04:03 PM

15485

I've been listening to a blowtorch station on 15485 am from about 1515 UT.
Who is it? Ethnic music, sounded Middle-Eastern, followed by a strange mix
of American pop Christmas music starting around 1530 but with
Mid-East-sounding dj's.

No station ID that I can decipher. Nothing in Passport seems to match up to
this time/freq. Anyone know this station?

Greg
W. Central Florida

dxAce December 26th 04 04:10 PM

Greg wrote:

I've been listening to a blowtorch station on 15485 am from about 1515 UT.
Who is it? Ethnic music, sounded Middle-Eastern, followed by a strange mix
of American pop Christmas music starting around 1530 but with
Mid-East-sounding dj's.

No station ID that I can decipher. Nothing in Passport seems to match up to
this time/freq. Anyone know this station?

Most likely Voice of Greece in Greek relayed out of Delano, California.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce December 26th 04 04:13 PM

dxAce wrote:

Greg wrote:

I've been listening to a blowtorch station on 15485 am from about 1515 UT.
Who is it? Ethnic music, sounded Middle-Eastern, followed by a strange mix
of American pop Christmas music starting around 1530 but with
Mid-East-sounding dj's.

No station ID that I can decipher. Nothing in Passport seems to match up to
this time/freq. Anyone know this station?

Most likely Voice of Greece in Greek relayed out of Delano, California.

The ID will sound like 'A-dough Athena'... in English: This is Athens...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Greg December 26th 04 04:26 PM

From: dxAce
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:13:30 -0500
Subject: 15485

dxAce wrote:

Greg wrote:

I've been listening to a blowtorch station on 15485 am from about 1515 UT.
Who is it? Ethnic music, sounded Middle-Eastern, followed by a strange mix
of American pop Christmas music starting around 1530 but with
Mid-East-sounding dj's.

No station ID that I can decipher. Nothing in Passport seems to match up to
this time/freq. Anyone know this station?

Most likely Voice of Greece in Greek relayed out of Delano, California.

The ID will sound like 'A-dough Athena'... in English: This is Athens...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks, I'll listen for that ID. It's still coming in really strong here.

Greg

dxAce December 26th 04 04:36 PM

From: dxAce
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:13:30 -0500

dxAce wrote:

Greg wrote:

I've been listening to a blowtorch station on 15485 am from about 1515 UT.
Who is it? Ethnic music, sounded Middle-Eastern, followed by a strange mix
of American pop Christmas music starting around 1530 but with
Mid-East-sounding dj's.

No station ID that I can decipher. Nothing in Passport seems to match up to
this time/freq. Anyone know this station?

Most likely Voice of Greece in Greek relayed out of Delano, California.

The ID will sound like 'A-dough Athena'... in English: This is Athens...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Thanks, I'll listen for that ID. It's still coming in really strong here.

Nice musical program.

dxAce
Michigan
USA