Thanks for any comments/advice.

Bill, KC0IZI

www.nyx.net/~wboas

tianli January 1st 05 08:53 PM

Pose your question to one or both of these groups:

Alas, apparently I got a model for Saudi Arabia with frequencies
blocked in the LW and SW band. It's missing freqs. between
285-520Khz and 26100-29999Khz according to the manual.

Also missing is the usb/lsb settings in the AM/AM Fine switch.

Otherwise it works well.

However, can a MOD open it up and restore usb/lsb capacity?

RHF January 1st 05 10:28 PM

BILL [KC0IZI],
..
"Why are LW and SW freqs. blocked for Saudi Arabia anyhow?"
..
Only "Allah" Knows ;-)
..
Check-Out the Sony ICF-SW7600 "G" "GR" eGroups on YAHOO !
..
Sony ICF-SW7600GR eGroup on YAHOO !
..
Sony ICF-SW7600G eGroup on YAHOO !
..
NOTE - Both eGroups cover all of the Sony ICF-SW7600 Series Radios
..
hth ~ RHF
..
..

starman January 3rd 05 09:11 AM

wrote:

Folks,

Picked up a SONY ICW-SW7600 at a second hand store.
(serial no. 127694)

Alas, apparently I got a model for Saudi Arabia with frequencies
blocked in the LW and SW band. It's missing freqs. between
285-520Khz and 26100-29999Khz according to the manual.

Also missing is the usb/lsb settings in the AM/AM Fine switch.

Otherwise it works well.

However, can a MOD open it up and restore usb/lsb capacity?

It's my first experience with a SONY radio.

Why are LW and SW freqs. blocked for Saudi Arabia anyhow?

Thanks for any comments/advice.

Bill, KC0IZI

It's not hard to restore the blocked frequency ranges by removing a
solder connection but your model is missing the componants for the SSB
circuitry. IMO- That makes it impractical to add SSB when you can buy a
new 7600GR for about $120 or a used one for less. What did you pay for
the 7600?

See the following URL for modifying the Saudi version of the 7600.

http://stephan.win31.de/sony7600.htm#7600g_saudimod