RadioBanter

-   -   Liberty Net (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/47415-liberty-net.html)

Soliloquy January 9th 05 03:41 AM

Liberty Net

Where's the Liberty Net tonight. Not on the usual freq, 3947.5 KHz else
propagation is very bad.

potatoe speeches January 9th 05 07:09 AM

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
. 3.44...
Where's the Liberty Net tonight. Not on the usual freq, 3947.5 KHz else
propagation is very bad.

Didn't hear them on at all this evening.
Propagation has been horrible with a
near s-6 noise floor. HF 90% useless this
evening, even the Florida boys on 3.945
who are usually 20-30 over s-9 were
barely moving the s-meter. AM Broadcast
is strange also! Hearing Cuba and Mexico
AM BCB as strong as WWL and WWVA.

Richard Frodage January 9th 05 11:53 AM

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 03:41:36 +0000, Soliloquy wrote:

Where's the Liberty Net tonight. Not on the usual freq, 3947.5 KHz else
propagation is very bad.

Maybe we got lucky and they all shot each other...

Soliloquy January 10th 05 04:11 AM

"potatoe speeches" wrote in news:65c6
:

Thanks, I tried the Icom R-75, and thought that I could barely make out
some of the regulars. It wasn't good enough for a copy though. The R-75 has
the outdoor antenna, the Yaesu FRG-100 is limited to an indoor antenna that
goes around the room near the ceiling. Surprisingly, the Yaesu performs
better on some shows than the Icom, likely due to the shorter antenna wire
being closer to the resonant frequency of some stations.

. 3.44...