RadioBanter

-   -   Meaning Of "Mondiale" In DRM ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/47449-meaning-%22mondiale%22-drm.html)

RHF January 11th 05 05:39 PM

ROBERT 11,
..
I always though that it had something to do with Walter Mondale
.. . . and figured that it was a Big Time LOSER from the get go ;-}
..
jftfoi ~ RHF

HankG January 12th 05 11:27 AM

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Have started to play with DRM a bit.

Just out of curiosity: anyone know what "Mondiale" means, or translates
to, in Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) ?

Now that we're all agreed what it means, how about this? How do you
pronounce 'Mondiale'?

Trashy version: mon (as in monitor) dial (as in soap or radio if you
prefer)

Italian version: mon " dee ali (as in Muhammed)

French version: moan not sure about the rest

HankG

Brenda Ann January 12th 05 11:50 AM

"HankG" wrote in message

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Have started to play with DRM a bit.

Just out of curiosity: anyone know what "Mondiale" means, or translates
to, in Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) ?

French version: moan DEE ahl (not certain of the accent, French isn't
my first second language.. :) )

k35454 January 12th 05 06:16 PM

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"HankG" wrote in message

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Have started to play with DRM a bit.

Just out of curiosity: anyone know what "Mondiale" means, or translates
to, in Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) ?

French version: moan DEE ahl (not certain of the accent, French isn't
my first second language.. :) )

moan dee ahl French does not accentuate some
syllables like we do " en Anglais " k35454.

Radioman390 January 31st 05 11:33 PM

Just out of curiosity: anyone know what "Mondiale" means, or translates
to, in Digital Radio Mondiale

World

k35454 February 1st 05 12:24 AM

"Radioman390" wrote in message
Just out of curiosity: anyone know what "Mondiale" means, or translates
to, in Digital Radio Mondiale

World

Means: Global or World Wide. k35454.

Mark February 2nd 05 06:00 AM