RadioBanter

-   -   Voltmeter question... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/47470-voltmeter-question.html)

Guy January 11th 05 09:50 PM

Voltmeter question...

Hello:

Until it puked and died recently, I used to have a palm-sized,
battery-powered, AC Voltmeter (by Radio Shack) that I used across my
headphones to help me peak voice frequencies with my audio filter. It had a
scale that read out in 150 milliamps AC. I'd like to replace it, but Radio
Shack no longer makes this particular model (surprise!)

What's worse is that I can't seem to find a volt meter anywhere that
measures AC milliamps.

Can anyone suggest a possible source for a voltmeter of this type that would
measure 150 milliamps AC?

Thanks in advance for any help!
--Guy
Thurston, OR

Tony Meloche January 12th 05 12:34 AM

Guy wrote:

Hello:

Until it puked and died recently, I used to have a palm-sized,
battery-powered, AC Voltmeter (by Radio Shack) that I used across my
headphones to help me peak voice frequencies with my audio filter. It had a
scale that read out in 150 milliamps AC. I'd like to replace it, but Radio
Shack no longer makes this particular model (surprise!)

What's worse is that I can't seem to find a volt meter anywhere that
measures AC milliamps.

Can anyone suggest a possible source for a voltmeter of this type that would
measure 150 milliamps AC?

Thanks in advance for any help!
--Guy
Thurston, OR

Sears "Craftsman" model 82363 has AC amperage ranges of 2m, 200m and
20amps AC. About $65.00. I'm sure there are others, too.

Tony

Dale Parfitt January 12th 05 04:21 AM

"Guy" wrote in message
Hello:

Until it puked and died recently, I used to have a palm-sized,
battery-powered, AC Voltmeter (by Radio Shack) that I used across my
headphones to help me peak voice frequencies with my audio filter. It had

scale that read out in 150 milliamps AC. I'd like to replace it, but Radio
Shack no longer makes this particular model (surprise!)

Make sure you didn't just blow the protection fuse in the meter.

--
Dale W4OP
for PAR Electronics, Inc.