RadioBanter

-   -   One use for RCI Sackville's transmitters : transmitting the VOA Persian and Arabic services to the Americas... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/51589-re-one-use-rci-sackvilles-transmitters-transmitting-voa-persian-arabic-services-americas.html)

Steve January 21st 05 10:31 PM

One use for RCI Sackville's transmitters : transmitting the VOA Persian and Arabic services to the Americas...

Looks like soon, we'll need only FM transmitters for the Persian service.

(LOL)

-Steve

starman January 25th 05 03:53 AM

Steve wrote:

Looks like soon, we'll need only FM transmitters for the Persian service.

(LOL)

The VOA could use FM with shortwave right now. ;-)

dxAce January 25th 05 03:57 AM

starman wrote:

Steve wrote:

Looks like soon, we'll need only FM transmitters for the Persian service.

(LOL)

The VOA could use FM with shortwave right now. ;-)

Like you know jack about either. Hit the road, 'tard boy.

And don't you ever, ever, try correcting me on anything again.

While you're toting it you might try catching up.

We're you born in CanaDuh or what?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

starman January 26th 05 08:58 AM

dxAce wrote:

starman wrote:

Steve wrote:

Looks like soon, we'll need only FM transmitters for the Persian service.

(LOL)

The VOA could use FM with shortwave right now. ;-)

Like you know jack about either. Hit the road, 'tard boy.

And don't you ever, ever, try correcting me on anything again.

While you're toting it you might try catching up.

We're you born in CanaDuh or what?

Well 'Ace', and I use the term loosely, when it comes to electronics I
could correct you on so many things it would make your head spin but
that's not what I'm here for. I can only assume you have a serious
illness which is not being properly treated. Everybody has a last straw
and you are it for me. Time to take Telamon's advice.

BTW- In case you don't get it, you're not the Steve in the quotes above
so I wasn't even replying to you. My point was that frequency modulaton
(FM) can be used with any wavelength, including shortwave (HF). It
doesn't make any difference if the wavelength of shortwave is longer
than the normal VHF/FM band.