RadioBanter

-   -   Pirate 6925 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/59871-pirate-6925-a.html)

dxAce January 22nd 05 09:50 PM

Pirate 6925

Apparently WMFQ on 6925 at 2145.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] January 22nd 05 10:00 PM

dxAce wrote:
Apparently WMFQ on 6925 at 2145.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

At 16:57EST they are S7~S9 here in Lexington
KY. Using a R2000 and a ~70' wire antenna.
Any idea where the TX is?

Terry

dxAce January 22nd 05 10:05 PM

wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Apparently WMFQ on 6925 at 2145.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

At 16:57EST they are S7~S9 here in Lexington
KY. Using a R2000 and a ~70' wire antenna.
Any idea where the TX is?

No idea. And they certainly don't want to many folk knowing!

It's a pirate after all.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] January 22nd 05 10:13 PM

At ~17:10 the annouced what their call stands for....
Where's My Freaking QSL with a mailing address.
I am going to have to try for this one.
I am recording this on my PC and this is clearly
run by some people with, er , anger issues....
My second pirate!
Terry

[email protected] January 22nd 05 10:16 PM

SO at ~17:15.
I hope the remember to take their meds!
Terry

dxAce January 22nd 05 10:16 PM

wrote:

At ~17:10 the annouced what their call stands for....
Where's My Freaking QSL with a mailing address.
I am going to have to try for this one.
I am recording this on my PC and this is clearly
run by some people with, er , anger issues....
My second pirate!

Well you probably know it wasn't 'freaking'!

But at any rate it was indeed interesting.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] January 22nd 05 10:40 PM

I am as uncouth as the next guy, but I figure
there may be nice and decent people here.
My wife say's there are times I am worse
then a salior. Mainly when I have to work
on any plumbing problem. God Ihate
plumbing.
The new station is running one of my favorites,
"Almost Cut My Hhair".
Almost as much fun as when I got my first R2000 and
my wife and I went to the Red River Gorge (about 100
miles southeast of here. And the very first thing I received
was Niel Yong's Cover of Ian Tyson's "Four Strong Winds".
It was on CFRB.
Iran Man Radio just SO at 17:38.
Too damn bad I didn't get my newly rewired system
to record it! I missed the address!
I am using ne R2000 for WWV,,,, which will go to the left
and the other R2000 to hunt. This way I can assign accurate
times later!
I am still rewiring the desk to include the new R2000.
Some bugs and operator head clogs to deal with.
Someone esle is tuning up. 17:40
Terry.

Terry

David Stinson January 22nd 05 11:45 PM

The 6925 pirate is S-5 with QSB
here in North Texas, playing "Ally-Op."
Pretty good music audio for a pirate,
but the announcer is undermodulated and
has the "mush-mouth." I wish these guys would
learn that, if they want to be heard,
they must speak clearly.

David Stinson January 23rd 05 12:14 AM

Whoever this pirate is, he's foolhardy
unless he's on the move in some backwater.
The FCC's direction finding is pretty good;
they can have him down to part of a city in just moments.
If any of Mr. Hollingsworth's network of volunteer snitches
is close by, he's already toast.
Too bad, by my lights; I don't think these people hurt
anyone and they're usually entertaining.

Michael Lawson January 23rd 05 01:11 AM

"dxAce" wrote in message
Apparently WMFQ on 6925 at 2145.

This makes me wonder, whatever happened to Lad?
Last I heard he was sent away to a military school
by his folks.

--Mike L.