RadioBanter

-   -   Sangean ATS305 or ATS909W (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/62540-sangean-ats305-ats909w.html)

[email protected] January 24th 05 11:59 AM

Sangean ATS305 or ATS909W

Hi, I'm looking to buy a portable receiver. I'll mainly listen to FM
and MW, but want RDS. Both receivers do this. I want to listen on the
train etc. Shortwave would be great too (have listened for years using
other receivers), but I'm afraid the 909 would be too big. Any
opinions on any of these receivers? Thanks

Scott A. January 26th 05 10:18 PM

wrote in :

Hi, I'm looking to buy a portable receiver. I'll mainly listen to FM
and MW, but want RDS. Both receivers do this. I want to listen on the
train etc. Shortwave would be great too (have listened for years using
other receivers), but I'm afraid the 909 would be too big. Any
opinions on any of these receivers? Thanks

The 909 is a good radio. (I like mine.) But it can be a bit of a battery
hog. Don't know about the 305.